• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Polaris rmk 900 losing idle and running bogged down

N
Dec 29, 2016
Hello, I have a 2005 rmk 900 that I bought a few months back that has been running great. Had some temp issues with less snow but there has been a good three feet on the ground the last month so machine was bang on. I store the machine in a heated garage so a friend told me I should be adding a little bit of sea foam to each tank to soak up the moist going hot to cold constantly. I have been adding a little bit to each tank.

Today while riding for a short period the sled starting bogging a little bit while I opened er up then ran fine. It sat for about 2 hours and once I fired it back up to put back in the garage the idle was very low like 1000 rpms and it didn't seem to heat up. I'm curious if maybe I ran too much sea foam or maybe it dislodged some cap effecting the fuel. Or maybe it's another bigger issue I need to sort out.

Any assistance is awesome, thanks

S
Dec 10, 2007
Puyallup, WA
My 900 did the same thing after one day when I towed a guy off the mountain and my temp sensor went bad.
How is the temp reading on the display? is it steady, or jumping around? if the temp sensor or wiring is bad, it will put the ECU in failsafe mode and it will run crappy - retarding the timing (it tries to prevent damage if it thinks you are overheating) Is the display flashing any codes?

Premium Features