• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 - What Can? Other bolt on's?

A
Feb 28, 2009
I have not modded my 05 M7 at all, but am now looking for a little more from it,

-what can is recommended for this sled? ( or is a pipe and can combo "better"?)

- any air intake mod's that work?

- Is a head worth it?

- Opinions on a Boondocker box for a stock M7?

thanks alot!

D
Nov 28, 2007
I have a SS rumble pack for sale on the cheap. $175.

Here is a video of it on my M6. This is the same one for the M7. I have a Boss noss set up with 30hp nozzels and two five pound bottles and custom bottle mount you can see in the video as well. Fits the crossfire and M. You can run 50hp nozzles with this kit too. IT is to much power for me down at sea level.

Cheers Don.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3648284350017189668

J
Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman
I have a Speedwerx pipe and can along with a Peak Performance Head (i dont think they make anymore) and a snopro airbox. With this set up a boondocker box is not required.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
I would go with a can, intake and lots of venting. I put on boyesen reeds but only rode from my garage to the truck before it was stolen @ the dealership, so I couldn't tell you.

I have a Speedwerx pipe and can along with a Peak Performance Head (i dont think they make anymore) and a snopro airbox. With this set up a boondocker box is not required.
What? With a single pipe alone I needed more fuel in the mid-range.

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
Got Track?

Best mod, make sure to get different track. It likely has a challanger or attack 20 if it is stock.

B
Nov 26, 2007
This is what im Running

06 m7 162
Timbersled Rear
Diamond S hood//Gutted Stock Hood
Boss Seat
Used to be a Slp can- Which Worked really Great-
Bdx Intake- Dont buy this 1- go Timbersled.
Floats
HRP brackets.
bdx 2 wheel kit
This is just food for thought. With these mods you will be killing everything. You be amazed how many people ask you if your seld is a 1000. :eek:

P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
i run a 05 m7 162

timber sled intake gutted stock hood
aaen can sounds real good litle pricey but worth it
artic cat two wheel kit
two cool front nose vents
xxx modrods side vents
hrp brackets a must for the m7
boss seat
power claw track one of the best things i have done
rk teck head
boondocker box
team setup clutches pulls 8020 all the time form 3000-7000 feet engages at 2900
boss seat
i can run with the m8s and hcr all day out pulled a 1000 couple times just my .02

A
Feb 28, 2009
thanks for all the info, I am about to install the Timbersled intake, and have a Y pipe on order,

Do I need to change the fuel mapping if I use a D&D single pipe?

thanks

J
Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman
I would go with a can, intake and lots of venting. I put on boyesen reeds but only rode from my garage to the truck before it was stolen @ the dealership, so I couldn't tell you.

What? With a single pipe alone I needed more fuel in the mid-range.

Beats me man, she runs solid besides a slight low end bog that its always had. Have had all these parts on it since I bought it in 05....

Premium Features