• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 1M Kingcat Chain Case Leak

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
I ran my sled for a few minutes in my garage yesterday to do a little pre-ride check and after I shut it off I noticed about a quarter sized spot of dark fluid on the floor that I think leaked from the chain case. There was no fluid inside the sled, and at most one more drop coming off it. I checked it later that night and nothing was leaking, checked it this morning and it still has no additional leaks. The fluid level in the chain case is between low and full.

I decided to either fill up the chain case to see if it leaks more, or replace the seal if it does but this seems more like it is weeping rather than a leak. The sled didn’t move last night, only the motor was run so I’m not sure what this problem could be.
Has anyone experienced something similar with their sleds? Any tips to check for before I tear into it and do work that it may not need. This sled doesn’t have reverse on it so it makes the process simpler.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Thanks everyone, I checked again last night and no more leak. Also the fluid I did find was dark and after carful inspection of my chain case fluid it is much lighter and a different viscosity than what I found. I'm with you about the power valve vent line. Thanks for saving me the down time. I'll wait to change the chain case's fluid till summer.

Premium Features