• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05'-08' Front bumper retro

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
Nice job! I don't want to hack up the front end of my sled even if it's just plastic. I was waiting for something like this. It will be nice to know I can bump something and not total my sled. I'm interested in one.

Mark

D
Dec 3, 2007
Great job!
Potentially interested. I too am concerned about minimalist/grip issues. Also, could it be a snow catcher and pack in there? Hmmmm....

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
i talked to a several area riders, all are interested, don't want to hack up their sled and want something to bounce off trees, i told em around 275 or so and they all said great, over 400 for tcp and having to hack plastic was not there cup of tea

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
i talked to a several area riders, all are interested, don't want to hack up their sled and want something to bounce off trees, i told em around 275 or so and they all said great, over 400 for tcp and having to hack plastic was not there cup of tea

Thanx for the feedback hilinerider!! :)
I've got a few things to nail down this week so I can set hard price. The shipping cost's are a ?. And were adding a couple more trick little ideas to help make install as easy as possible. Your $275 estimate is hopefullly very close.
So as I said above look for my Ready to Sell post on Mon 29th and we'll start going 1st come 1st serve!!

My sled is pretty much done so if your going to the Boise snow show, I'll be there and be happy to talk to anyone and show off the product.
Thanx
-T

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
I want one. Couldn't find the other post (I'm computer illiterate though) so can you PM or email me some pics (keffbg@yahoo.com). Do not want to have to remove any plastic and can't afford to pay $400.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Finally!!

Well, got a little side tracked, but the bulid has almost come to completion.

I'll be going to the weight scale and the decal shop tommorrow for final touches!

Thankyou very much to all of you that have followed my project and given your advice and experienced comments.

Agian I'd like to thank the others before me that have made such good products and given such good customer service to build such a sled.
For my first attempt in a rebuild I'm pretty stoked how its turned out.
Now I just pray for snow! I also pray I don't hit one of the beloved trees I like to ride in so much!!

The best things to come of this project is not only the experience but I believe we developed a cool new bumper option for these 05'-08' Polaris sleds.

I'd just like to say though that as much as I'm hoping to share my new bumper with you, I hope we'll all remember that a bumper doesn't replace a brain, and is in no way this product meant to be a saftey device!! Please ride with caution at all times and lets all get home safe.

I look forward to doing clean buisness with many of you.
And good luck to all the rest with your projects and sledding season!!

Thanx
-T

Almost done 900 pics 006.jpg Almost done 900 pics 009.jpg Almost done 900 pics 010.jpg Almost done 900 pics 008.jpg Almost done 900 pics 005.jpg Almost done 900 pics 004.jpg Almost done 900 pics 012.jpg

Last edited:
I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
Awesome sled TREEDOG! The custom bumper looks awesome, especially when you can see the entire sled. What colors are you going to offer? I definately want one preferably in White!

Also, I was looking through some of the previous posts and was wondering if you did a rider select deletion pon your sled?

Will you be at the snow show in NOVI?

Thanks,
MAXX

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Awesome sled TREEDOG! The custom bumper looks awesome, especially when you can see the entire sled. What colors are you going to offer? I definately want one preferably in White!

Also, I was looking through some of the previous posts and was wondering if you did a rider select deletion pon your sled?

Will you be at the snow show in NOVI?

Thanks,
MAXX

Thanx for the response, IQ :beer;

I'm planing on offering the bumpers in a texture black to match the stock black fenders and bumper. Also will offer in the raw so others can make it any color they wish, or they can polish it. I will offer custom colors but will have to charge you a little extra to powder onesy, twosey non production in the powder line.

I did not do a rider select delete on my sled. Late last year we had to go under a couple of closed gates to ride in May and the #1 position allowed me to do it. :D However I can certainly see the advantages to doing it though. We ride, climb and drop pretty hard sometimes, always potential to break stuff. Would be nice to know it's a little more sturdy.

If your refering to the Spokane snow show in Nov, yes I will be there!!

Thanx again
-T

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Do the two rectangle plastic pieces in the nose fit back in where the tubing comes through to block snow from filling that dead space on a raw chassis? Or are you building another filler plate for it?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Do the two rectangle plastic pieces in the nose fit back in where the tubing comes through to block snow from filling that dead space on a raw chassis? Or are you building another filler plate for it?

PalousePoo,

That will be the only cutting required to put our bumper kit into the stock system.

Sled Build 014.jpg

Please check out all the bumper pics on PAGE #3 of 06 900 rebuild thread in this same forum!! :)

Thanx for the question!!
-T

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Thankyou again to all of you that have responded. I believe I've PM'd all of you back, but if I've missed a few. It's been a little busy with real work and trying to launch this endeavor. :) Good luck with all your summer mods, if we can help please contact me any time through PM.

Thanx
-T

D
Dec 3, 2007
Thankyou again to all of you that have responded. I believe I've PM'd all of you back, but if I've missed a few. It's been a little busy with real work and trying to launch this endeavor. :) Good luck with all your summer mods, if we can help please contact me any time through PM.

Thanx
-T

Treedog, PM'd you with further questions. Thanx

Premium Features