• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04' F7 EFI Bogggg city problems

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Got the old F7 out for an afternoon ride, hit a few sweet jumps and....brrrrrrrrrr. It turned into a turtle! Maxes out at 4500-5000 r's....I immediately brought it into the heated garage, changed plugs and let it sit for a few hours. Then took it out again a little while ago, and It wanted to rev high and run good but after about 1/2 mile started to go in and out of this bog phase again. Any ideas? Its an 04 F7 EFI. I thought it was from drift busting, may have sucked in some snow....but I let it dry out and tried again....What gives?

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Checked the tube this morning....no kinks or ice, but there does seem to be a bit of powder in the nose of the bellypan....rode it for a bit this am, same result...ran well this morning for a little while, then about 1/2 mile in I got the bog again....would it be wise to try and let it thaw out completely in the garage tonight? Anyone had troubles with injectors? This is my first EFI sled.

Thanks m8magicandmystery

C
Jan 23, 2009
hibbing mn
i had a 04 f7 that did the same thing and it was the smart valves in the fuel tank. try riding it untill it does it then stop and take the gas cap off and see if you can here the smart valves opening back up. or just sitt there for a min or two then see if it goes good again. you can also stick your arm in the tank and pop the screens off the smart valves then try it to see if its better

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Alright...so the rear smart valve was stuck, so i got it unstuck, and it ran ok for a bit, but started running like a tramp AGAIN......i noticed some condensation on the bottom of the tank....im going to add some additive tomorrow...thanks for the info chad bob

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
bogging at rpm to low for power valves to start sticking when warm..???...reed valves/ reeds ok...not an electrical bog/short,headlights/tailights handwarmers working ???...no possible stator problem with rubbed wire etc..you may have to pull flywheel to have a look unless you get specs and test the stator through the wiring harness plug with meter..regarding condensate in tank you can get a absorbant type sock that you put in your tsnk for a bit and it sucks the water out and you just dispose of it...forget what they call them..maybee a real good dry and thaw...seperate ecu connectors and injector connectors and apply dialetric grease then reconnect...??....

Premium Features