• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 Mtc Cat questions before a purchase

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have a buddy who is looking into purchasing an 01 mnt cat. I was wondering what kind of issues those sleds may have had so that we can look it over for issues? The sled has a pipe, ported head, simmons ski's, and I think he said the sled had reeds on it. It has a 159" track. What would be a fair price for the sled assuming that the sled is in good shape and nice mechanical order? thanks

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
I have a buddy who is looking into purchasing an 01 mnt cat. I was wondering what kind of issues those sleds may have had so that we can look it over for issues? The sled has a pipe, ported head, simmons ski's, and I think he said the sled had reeds on it. It has a 159" track. What would be a fair price for the sled assuming that the sled is in good shape and nice mechanical order? thanks

I sold one in excellent shape with a few mods (was an LE) at the beginning of the season for $2900. Only issue was it was outdated and heavy. Those motors were pretty bulletproof.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Biggest issue with them was a clutch that needs frequent work or replacement, and the drive axle bearings wear out quite a bit. The bearing at the speed-o drive should be greased often. They don't seal well and water gets in them. If the speed-o quits, you can be sure that the bearing is going out.

bowerman61028

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Bend, OR
Which end of the speed-o drive? The one going into the speed-o at the hood or the one located just under the secondary clutch? Also what kind of grease do people recomend?

Premium Features