• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slidekick scratchers?

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Anyone here use these and what is the general opinion of them. I see they have made a change for this year, wondering if they were ok before change and maybe great now.

I know If I put on conventional scratchers that I will forget about them and back up.

Thanks,

Kirk

blackhillsrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills, WY
Worked great for me last year. Had zero problems and kept the 06 900 just as cool as the conventional scratchers I had on the year before. I guess some people had problems with the coating on the cables breaking, but I never did. I would highly recommend them...AND the reverse issue is eliminated!!!

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
I used them all season long and they worked great. Toward the end of the season we had to ride about 7 miles up a hard pack trail to get to the good stuff. They would consistently drop my RMK by 30 degrees. I also have a sled with conventional scratchers and I always forget they are down. Luckily it doesn't have reverse.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
our trail is usually a hardpacked pow, and they didnt work great on in, my buddies M7 didnt really kick any snow with em in the conditions. it needed lots of downforce to do anything. icy spring there good, but thats like 2 or 3 rides a year...

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Running them on my nytro all last season. Worked great for me, as soon as I put them on last season I never saw hardpack again as it snowed constantly until June.

I

IQRMK900

Jan 8, 2008
central Iowa
yammi4ever
go ahead and try them and let the rest of us know what you think. I have 5 or 6 buddies within 30 miles of you wondering the same thing. I keep telling them someone has to be the first but no one wants to....let us know!!! we run the regular scratchers and go through several pair a year thanks to the perc button.lol

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I bought some at the beginning of last season, I think they lasted about 2 rides, all the plastic coating broke off and they would not stay put, kept turning on the rails, from what I have heard they have fixed all those problems, if they did they will be an awesome product! I was told to send mine back and they would be replaced, they are still sitting in my garage somewhere...

if they got the coating problem fixed, and got the to not twist on the rails, they are ALOT better than traditional rail mount scratchers, I would say buy them!

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I ordered 3 pairs from them at Haydays for the group we ride with. They have made some real nice changes and the cables seem to be much stiffer than years past. I am just waiting for them to call me so I can get them shipped.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I talked to them at haydays as well and saw and felt the changes from the old version to the new. HUGE difference in terms of down pressure- the new version with the coating had WAY more down pressure than the old version which they had on hand as well. I couldn't tell you if they'll twist or not, but the guy point blank said "we had some problems with last year's model, and we've been working with anyone that's had problems."

S

sledhead699

Dec 10, 2007
whitefish, (havre) MT
had a pair of the old style and didnt like them at all. was overheating after a few miles up trails. the coatings falling off very poor desing in my opinion. went back to the old steel kind never had a problem.

T
Apr 7, 2008
Salmon Arm BC Canada
my buddy had them and they worked well on fresh groomed trail but they werent the best on an icy trail because they dont have enough pressure but then again he broke 3 pairs of regular scratchers because of reverse but id still go with just the normal scrathcers.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
WTF i ordered some

Seemed like enough positive comments so I will give them a try. I guess I have pi$$ed away more money on this sport than these will cost me even if they are no good. Like I said I know I will ruin several of the normal ones anyway.

I guess we'll see this winter can't wait.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Thanks for everyone's patience from last season. If you had a bad set and bought them from me, let me know. The new ones are way better!

T

Trinity Taz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes, thank you all for your patience!
We are dedicated to making this design work for all of you and welcome any correspondence regarding your prevoius purchase or general questions.

UPDATE: We are currently manufacturing the first run and are on track to ship in about 2 weeks. The black production run polypropelyne impregnated cable is slightly more flexible than what was available for examination at Haydays but is still 3-4 times more rigid than last years design. It passed the cold resistance test with flying colors- at 35 below it never cracked even when subjected to a 270 degree kink around its own diameter.
Youre gonna like this stuff!
(FYI Whitefish should have his stock really soon and he is about twice as fast at shipping than we are)
Travis Cook, BTLD

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Here is the latest!

Pic512.jpg

Pic1169.jpg

Pic1171.jpg

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I talked to them at haydays as well and saw and felt the changes from the old version to the new. HUGE difference in terms of down pressure- the new version with the coating had WAY more down pressure than the old version which they had on hand as well. I couldn't tell you if they'll twist or not, but the guy point blank said "we had some problems with last year's model, and we've been working with anyone that's had problems."

So I just bought a pair recently that I have not even opened the package yet and was getting ready to install...You are saying that they are going to be a problem? The guy at the show I bought them at never said a word about more improvements...just that these were the new improved design with the bend in the cable and all....:confused:

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Strange link

Thanks for everyone's patience from last season. If you had a bad set and bought them from me, let me know. The new ones are way better!
What is the price of these gadgets?

BTW...your link for ordering info only goes to another snowest page with the same link that goes to the same page as the one it is on???

Premium Features