• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2moto product

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Dec 8, 2007
Regina
Please do not respond to this with a "mine's bigger than yours" atttitude!!!!! All I want is unbiased REAL experience, as to how this product works. I'm very interested in purchasing and want to know if it boondocks as well or better than a sled. Thanks!

L
Dec 30, 2007
Next Generation, Better price !

Just check the 2moto Vids. They speak for themselves. Cutting Edge Technology. And if you have a MX or Offroad bike ? Find one in your area, Ride it. I don't work for 2moto or anybody on this forum. And i have snow hawk rider's asking me for my advice. All i can say is i've had snow hawks. I now ride My RadiX bike. But you need to ride one, find out for yourself. If you ride MX, Offroad or even street bikes, You'll wonder why you waited so long ?

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
I have a 07 KTM 525 with a 2 moto kit on it.

I purchased the kit and I have no other business relationship with 2 moto. (except that I want to buy another kit from them when they get re stocked. My daughter keeps trying to take mine and not give it back)

I installed the kit myself. The installation was straight forward and the instructions were good and clear. Read them a couple of times before you start.

The install took me about 3-4 hours. I spent more time messing with a right hand rear brake that I was trying to put together than anything else.

I think I could change it back in a little over 2 hours.

I have had the thing out on the snow quite a few times now. It does exactly what they say it will do.

It is very fast on anything that is set up at all. It will go through gaps in the the trees that you would never take a sled through. You can also carve through the edges of tree wells that you wouldnt want to go near on your sled. Never had so much fun riding the ditches and the sides of the road. You can side hill up things and throught he trees that you could never get a sled through.

It is a rocket on the trails. You can cary a lot of corner speed and corner like your on a MX track. The front ski hooks up very well. Gas it coming out of the corner and its like someone launched you out of a slingshot. Makes riding the trail a lot more fun that it is on a sled.. Have not seen a sled so far that will keep up on the trails. (However I ride in the west I know there are some scary fast trail sleds back east not to many here though)

It is not the fastest thing in the world in powder that is up to the fenders but it does work in those conditions. I am going to try a wide simons gen II on the front and a shot of NOS. That should make it a little faster in those conditions. My opinion on these conditions might be biased because I have a Tapex and that is hard to beat on deep snow days.

Like any other snow vehicle you have to set it up right. I have a Recluse Clutch in mine. I set it up with a lot more weight and a different spring than I would run on the dirt. Clutch works fine. Pulled it apart after a 3 day trip and the plates were fine no noticable wear.

I give it a very high reccomendation.

Im going to buy another one. So that I can have 2 of them

Post or PM if you have any questions.

Andrew

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Is the kit universal or does it only fit certain bikes? I.E. my CRF 450X....

The kit is designed to be universal, except for a handfull of parts. It bolts on in 3 locations- the front forks, the main swingarm bolt, and the upper shock mount. Most of the bikes we've test-fit are pretty close.

If you change brands, you can order an adapter kit for your new bike.

Blaser

painterdrew

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Take a close look at a track kit for a Quad. Its not even in the same reality. This is a complete rear suspention with 2 shocks that is designed for performace riding on the snow. A quad track kit is designed to roll down the trail.

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
if you want to ride an atv on the trail, then buy the atv kit.

the 2 moto kit is much different.

the only real downside to the 2 moto kit is availaibility. I'm on the list, and last I heard it was next summer to get one.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Saw these on the hill Tuesday at Tripod...they get up there and can maneuver like nothing else. They can cut a sidehill in conditions that a sled won't compete with...very impressed. Let's put it this way...I knew a guy from the group of riders on the moto set-up and he also has a turbo Apex...he was on the bike...sled is collecting dust. These things can carve down a hill like a summit, but much faster. I'd like to try one.

L
Dec 30, 2007
Better Price

This set-up has custom part's. Any new designs will. This Mfg. is up & comming. Made in USA ! The MSRP is much lower than the 15 K others are asking. That would kill anything, Fast ! Well made & going strong. You'll break & spend more on any sled. Runaway's alone, cost $ Cash $. MX Snow bike's fall over & stop! Normal wear items look like no big deal. They are well built. Mx bikes are tough as well ! Ride one, you'll see !!:beer;

D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
i looked REALLY hard at the 2 moto products from an engineering, and marketing perspective.

engineering is interesting. They are built bullet proof. there are only two real major structures. The swingarm assembly is VERY well built, and the key to the whole contraption. Structurally it is not going to break, and if a feller had to he could recreate it.

The other assembly is the "inside the track assembly" which is poorly designed, over engineered, but very easy to recreate and not likely to break in the first place.

Their marketing is fine based upon how many units their production can keep up with.

I've got a fair amount of experience looking at sled contraptions. I watched the Holz suspension and several powder tracks be designed. I've designed my own suspensions in the past, have several technical degrees including math and physics, and think I'm pretty good at looking at something and figuing out whether it is going to work in the snow.

The 2 moto product will really work. It is quality stuff. I don't think their business plan will survive without new ownership however.

Like I said, I put my order in. No eta however.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Kitimat B.C.
re

Anyone running one on a Yamaha WR450F? Whats the ride like? I got an 04 in the garage that gets really lonely in winter.

The Western Canada Dist. (cant remember his name) had a trailer full of them at Gorman before X-mas, I was supposed to hook up with them for a demo up top but they went to Holt and we rode lang so it didnt happen,they had a brand new WR450F.

Premium Features