• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Please click the Take Action button below to let your Member of Congress know that you oppose H.R. 980, the "Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act." H.R. 980 would designate 23 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming, as Wilderness. This means each of these 23 million acres would be made permanently off-limits to motorized and mechanized recreation, including off-highway motorcycles, ATVs, 4x4s, snowmobiles and mountain bikes.

TAKE ACTION

It isn't made any easier then this especially if your already signed up with ARRA.

Now's not the time to say screw it because with this new House there going to be trying to slip every Wilderness bill that was ever turned down. If we just lay down and take it they could get almost all of them passed.

This is the same Bill that beotch from NY has been pushing for many years and this year it ALMOST made it so I'm sure with her revisions it's going to pass....unless we do something.

This proposal really ticks me off!

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS
At it again? HR980 was introduced in this 111th Congress on 2/11/09 by yes, once again, it was introduced by New York Rep. Carolyn Baloney. Oops, I mean Carolyn Maloney.:rolleyes:

I did hear that it was going to have a hearing the first week of May.

Here is a link to our previous SAWS Action Alert on this issue from February of this year. The information is still valid. We also sent out information about this proposal in previous years.
http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/...lert_-_NREPA_introduced_in_111th_Congress.htm

SAWS still encourages ALL snowmobilers and other common sense outdoor recreationists to contact your U.S. Representative. SAWS may decide to send out another alert on this issue shortly. Not sure how many times we need to say the same thing about this terrible bill though.

In case you are not too concerned with what areas could be closed, here is a link to a webpage by the opposition that breaks down the areas on more detailed maps by national forest and by state (still not detailed enough, but you get the idea). Take a look at your riding areas. You may be surprised to find some of them on these maps within the proposed closure areas:
http://www.wildrockiesalliance.org/issues/nrepa/mapIndex.shtml

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Check this map listing......
http://www.wildrockiesalliance.org/issues/nrepa/mapIndex.shtml

WOW!!!!!!!

4 out of 4 of my favorite riding areas would be GONE!!!

nrepaAll.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Even though the riding isn't that great here in Helena it'll be non-existent if this goes through...actually looking at the map Scott posted looks like MOST of the riding in MT will be non-existent.
Chet is gonna hit the fan if this actually passes.
I say we pool our money together and hire a hitman for this beotch.

Why are they so hard pressed for MT and ID????

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Just an FYI,
This would make Jefferson, Two Top, the entire big hole region, and the entire palisades region in idaho wilderness.

Most of Togwotee, and all of star valley wyoming would be wilderness.

This bill is complete BS and needs to die... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Tried to send emails, but like above did not pertain to my area. Keep this on the top, lets get some emails sent. Also like said above, it only takes a few clicks and you are back to what you were doing.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
emails sent...THIS is one to get emotional about guys!!!!

this jettisons the majority of riding in Montana...

beaverheadMedium.jpg

bitterrootMedium.jpg

gallatinMedium.jpg

nfFlatheadMedium.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
If anyone else feels the need to give this crazy beotch a piece of you mind you can contact her here.
Say your from NY and use zip code 10010 otherwise it won't let you send your hate mail.

Last edited:
Premium Features