• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 "Snowesty" Awards - call for nominations

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
2008 "Snowesty" Forum Awards - call for nominations

As the year draws to a close, it is a great time to look back at all the fun that has gone on throughout this forum over the 2008 calendar year. Since I am no one in particular on the forum, but think that I am someone important, I have officially nominated myself as MC for the 2008 Snowesty Awards since no one else started this thread.

So with that out of the way, lets get down to business. Feel free to toss an award out there to someone that did something great for you over the year or that was really funny, or add a nominee to my list (please keep the garbage somewhere else, I'd like to recognize some of the better accomplishments and funnier moments from 2008, not the juvenile ones). Please add to the list under an award so that those that did something good get recognized. Please no personal attacks and no cheap shots, if you have something bad to say, don't say it. I'm hoping the moderators will delete any posts with negative content. :)

So without further ado.......(drum roll), here are the Nominations for the 2008 awards (keep in mind this is all in good fun people):

Most Annually Repeated Thread: Jeff C for "What oil should I use?" (like clockwork Jeff, looking forward to it next year) :D

Most Repeated Thread of 2008: "How much can I raise my bars without having to buy an extended throttle cable becuz I'm cheap"
"Which is better: M8, Dragon 800, or XP?"
Runner up: "Will my XP spontaneously combust?"
Honourable Mention: "Reliability of 2 stroke turbo vs 4 stroke turbo"

Best Ownage Thread: TEH HITMAN for "Calling out Rev440Alaska"

Coolest Looking Sled: Rob Alfords new tube chassis turbo
Astro's RXP
CarbonDaddy's? Skamaha
383's 800
More needed

Funniest Thread: "XP hits a pinecone and is totalled"
"2 stroke vs 4 stroke"
"I'm Sponshured Now"

Honourable Mention: (old school but still worth a mention) "Guess What I Highmarked Today"

Most Replied to Thread: "The Max Thread"

Most "You love it, you hate it or you love to hate it" Thread: "The Max Thread"
"What is the Loudest Can"
"which turbo, auto vs aero?"
"xp vs m8 vs apex vs nytro vs m1k vs D8 vs d7"

Best Discussion on Modular Helmets: "NMFH" Thread

Contributing Forum Vendors and Members: Lots to list here so I need help, can't just pick one becuz they all do a lot for us - Big John, F-bomb, turboal, IndyDan, Fastrax, 1200 PSI, Winter, Mountain Horse, Bad Oscar Customs, SnowJW.....
Honourable Mention: All the great vendors out there that help out that we don't know about.

Best Event: Big Dawg
Thanksgiving 4M ride
Yamafest
Jackson Hole
and finally........

2008 Snowester of the Year: (this one's a tie IMO and I know they both didn't do it for the recognition) - IndyDan/EricW for their generous contributions to a fellow forum member to get his sled running so he could enjoy the sport with his son (IndyDan "Contest Thread")

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Most Repeated Thread of 2008: "How much can I raise my bars without having to buy an extended throttle cable becuz I'm cheap"
Runner up: "Will my XP spontaneously combust?"
Honourable Mention: "Reliability of 2 stroke turbo vs 4 stroke turbo"

I'd like to add "What's the Loudest Can for my sled". For most repeated and Love to Hate.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Should we give Sleds@vior an award?? he tries pretty hard and falls on his face EVERY time... thats gotta be worth at least something... i mean think of all the fun we had on the sponshured thread!!! just a thought.... and blah blah im to cheap to buy a race gas turbo but am gonna turn boost up anyways and burndown threads.

G
Nov 30, 2007
should we give sleds@vior an award?? He tries pretty hard and falls on his face every time... Thats gotta be worth at least something... I mean think of all the fun we had on the sponshured thread!!! Just a thought.... and blah blah im to cheap to buy a race gas turbo but am gonna turn boost up anyways and burndown threads.

x2!!:d

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i nominate the following for MOST HELPFUL people on hear.

Mountain Horse
Bad Oscar Customs
Winter
1200PSI
SnowJW

Last edited:
Should we give Sleds@vior an award?? he tries pretty hard and falls on his face EVERY time... thats gotta be worth at least something... i mean think of all the fun we had on the sponshured thread!!! just a thought.... and blah blah im to cheap to buy a race gas turbo but am gonna turn boost up anyways and burndown threads.

That thread was too much fun... Maybe another category can be added for PLP of the year. He should do just fine?

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
which turbo, auto vs aero?

xp vs m8 vs apex vs nytro vs m1k vs D8 vs d7

sl3ds@vior, LMAO!

props to 1200psi, mountainhorse, Ron, indydan, fastrax, winter and his awesome builds, Astros TRXP totally 1 off sweet custom, Alfords turbo, and scotts ti tube turbo nytro!

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown

LMAO!! Don't know how I forgot that one. Added to the list among the other included!!! Thanks all.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN

definitly give the kid an award for sportingest AK rider. rev440 and his bud were put to shame by s@vior.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
don't forget the "monkey butt/sweaty balls Gold Bond" thread and the "my wife paid another man to touch my berries".

How about something for the Sick Chutes and JOP for pissing off the most Canucks.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
the rack thread KILLED me.
Along with the thread with mini me and "trackpotcher" SP? i know he had it sp all f up but this could have taken place in 07.

Props
snowjw

and the best comeback was hatcher:

"can you translate stupid into English?"

K
Nov 26, 2007
Mike Duffy and Avy Awareness

The bat thread cost me a keyboard when I spit my coffee all over it...

Can we add a category for education or awareness? Mike Duffy has taught hundreds of sledders the finer points of avy awareness over the last couple of years. He's now a road warrior traveling all over the country teaching the class to flat landers and anyone else who will listen.

While I think Mike would win for the number of people he's educated - honorable mentions would go to:

Freak: I've heard multiple stories of how he's pulled out his beacon when arriving in a new bowl with a fresh slide to ensure there aren't any signals from buried folks. In addition to restraint on climbing stupid stuff even when goaded by the best of SW. I marvel at the guys that do climb the insane stuff, but with two little ones at home, there's too much to live for.

MTCATWOMAN: She has been great in sending out avy info and providing additional details on accidents. Thank you.

Others?

Premium Features