• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQr specific foot traction

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
IQr specific foot traction - FOR SALE!

Update:

I got the stock mt style done. They are at the PC right now and I'm picking them up tomorrow.

Also the raw alum looks good so if you want to go that route let me know.

Ok guys,

I'm going to be selling these for $150 shipped to the lower 48 powder coated black. If you want raw aluminum that is OK; but there may be small lines on the bend marks.

Please note that the standard boards are for a mountain sled; meaning there is not a provision for the stock rear suspension mount. I will make a version for the stock skid but PLEASE note that on when you order.

For the first run I am planning on making 10 sets. I will ship them next Friday at the latest; although I am going to shoot for Wednesday depending on the powder coaters lead time. If I have more than 10 orders by this Friday (the 5th) I can make more but I need payment by then.

My paypal is:

carlmarcum@gmail.com

If you have any questions let me know.

Carl

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106917

foot board installed LR.jpg raw board IQr stock1.jpg raw board IQr stock2.jpg

Last edited:
M
Mar 27, 2008
How do you think they will hold up to the rigors of jumping?? I can see myself bending/breaking these...will they hold up?? THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
i took a plasma to mine and cut put parts of it between the fishbone and the running board edge leaving strips to the edge ill get a pic when i go home tomorrow

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
How do you think they will hold up to the rigors of jumping?? I can see myself bending/breaking these...will they hold up?? THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!!

They are the same thickness and design as the stock wishbones, so if you are breaking and bending those....I don't know what to tell you.
I've been jumping up and down on them they are solid(its my sled in the pic)

attachment.php

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID

i made the tabs on the side of the tunnel about .5" taller than stock for extra support. the holes cut out are in line with the lower sections on the side of the tunnel. also the bent up traction "bar" ads a lot of rigidity.

Like jet fuel said they feel every bit as stiff jumping up and down on them in the shop.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
i took a plasma to mine and cut put parts of it between the fishbone and the running board edge leaving strips to the edge ill get a pic when i go home tomorrow

i thought about that too but i did this to get the extra grip from the bent up edges.

have you had yours in the snow? how did it feel?

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
yea ive had mine on the snow but in the wet snow there not much better then stock when carving it just shots right up through the slots

i like this idea a lot last year f bomb was talking last year about making some better boards last year for the racers but i guess he never got enuf intrest in them i guess
i might be gettin a pair later in the year

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I jump a lot and had better boards on my Nytro, within a few rides I was cracking and twisting the grip edges down. I will never run turned up traction edges like that again. When I rebuilt my tunnel I went back to flared holes. Not as good a grip or snow evacuation, but they won't bend either.

Not a bash on your product or F-Bombs, just my experience with this type of traction, it will not hold up to heavy repeated abuse. I was jumping 100+ feet and weigh about 200 lbs with gear. If the distances between the traction edges are kept short so that more weight is evenly distributed from your boot, I think they might be ok.

Here is a pic of the better boards after a few rides. Once they started twisting I ran 2" wide aluminum strap down the middle underneath and it helped but then they didn't clear snow, lol.

t_bent_better_board_204.jpg t_better_board_support_193.jpg

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
i was worried about that too. One thing that i don't like about BB is how tall the bent up tabs are. i made mine .75"; .125" lower than the outside edge for a polaris running edge traction rail. this has a better feel on the sled and makes a stronger board. my boards are bent up approx 70-75 deg that gives a stiffer board than a board bent up about 60 deg. if you look at the picture attached (gotta love paint :)) you can see the box section that is created on the IQr sleds like the stock brace. this is much stronger than a board with a 90 deg bend.

i am making these boards for edge sleds now if anybody's interested.

I jump a lot and had better boards on my Nytro, within a few rides I was cracking and twisting the grip edges down. I will never run turned up traction edges like that again. When I rebuilt my tunnel I went back to flared holes. Not as good a grip or snow evacuation, but they won't bend either.

Not a bash on your product or F-Bombs, just my experience with this type of traction, it will not hold up to heavy repeated abuse. I was jumping 100+ feet and weigh about 200 lbs with gear. If the distances between the traction edges are kept short so that more weight is evenly distributed from your boot, I think they might be ok.

Here is a pic of the better boards after a few rides. Once they started twisting I ran 2" wide aluminum strap down the middle underneath and it helped but then they didn't clear snow, lol.

board cross section.JPG

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
i was worried about that too. One thing that i don't like about BB is how tall the bent up tabs are. i made mine .75"; .125" lower than the outside edge for a polaris running edge traction rail. this has a better feel on the sled and makes a stronger board. my boards are bent up approx 70-75 deg that gives a stiffer board than a board bent up about 60 deg. if you look at the picture attached (gotta love paint :)) you can see the box section that is created on the IQr sleds like the stock brace. this is much stronger than a board with a 90 deg bend.

i am making these boards for edge sleds now if anybody's interested.

Sounds like they are plenty strong enough. Too bad you didn't make them for the Nytro a year ago, I would have been your first customer.

Premium Features