• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My ride on the 2moto bikes

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
WOW!!! I am thoroughly impressed. I had all the same questions that Ive heard on this and other forums. How douse the tranny and clutch work, will it bogg, down, will it sink in the pow, wont shifting be a pain..And on and on.
I met up with annell, jordan and dan from 2 moto they set me up on the KTM 505 and 4 of us went for a rip. at first it was a bit sketchy going down a logging road, it took a bit to get used to. After about 5 min we got up to a good area for a bit of boondocking, by that time I had the machine pretty much figured out for the trail. then we got into the powder, I could not believe it! this thing rocked, we shredded a huge area and went where you wouldn't even think of taking your sled. It would turn on a dime at speed. the harder you push it the more fun it is. a few small jumps and slicing threw the trees and I had a permagrin! All my thoughts about this machine had been shut down. This thing rocks!!
Thank You 2 MOTO
anyone want to buy a rev 800??

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Can you get a kit for a GoldWing?
I like the touring thing.

Would it work with a sidecar?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Can you get a kit for a GoldWing?
I like the touring thing.

Here you go- I'll tell the R&D team to get on it...

100_0803.jpg

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
WOW!!! I am thoroughly impressed. I had all the same questions that Ive heard on this and other forums. How douse the tranny and clutch work, will it bogg, down, will it sink in the pow, wont shifting be a pain..And on and on.
I met up with annell, jordan and dan from 2 moto they set me up on the KTM 505 and 4 of us went for a rip. at first it was a bit sketchy going down a logging road, it took a bit to get used to. After about 5 min we got up to a good area for a bit of boondocking, by that time I had the machine pretty much figured out for the trail. then we got into the powder, I could not believe it! this thing rocked, we shredded a huge area and went where you wouldn't even think of taking your sled. It would turn on a dime at speed. the harder you push it the more fun it is. a few small jumps and slicing threw the trees and I had a permagrin! All my thoughts about this machine had been shut down. This thing rocks!!
Thank You 2 MOTO
anyone want to buy a rev 800??

After riding this for a day, would you seriously sell your sled and ride one of these full time? Or would it be like selling your boat for a jet ski? (fun for a while, but after a while you would REALLY miss the boat. lol) I ride a rev now and after reading some of these reviews I am thinking of selling it and going this route. That way a guy would have one toy that would work year round. Plus, I have really been trying to talk myself into buying a CRF450.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
You Bet

I think I will sell the sled. The one ski concept is awsome. But you need to know that I am a hard core mc rider on dirt and street 40 years..(That dates me a bit). What we have heard about the comparison of a sled to a quad rings true for ME.I have yet to ride a hawk so I cant say anything about that machine, But the 2 moto bike is very fun and I would get rid of the sled to get one. I can only imagine what I could do with a more hrs of practice..
If you want a leisurely cruse threw the woods, this is not the ticket, it takes work to ride it...But it turns faster and easier than any sled Ive seen. I think thats some of the appeal to me

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
i want one also, but will keep the sled around

I was the same way. I still don't want to sell the sled- because I have so much $$ and time in it, and worked hard to get it so it really rips. I finally realized that if I haven't ridden it since May 2006, that I should sell it...

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
any problems that have come up using your bike all winter. did you have to rejet? The new wr 450's are a nightmare to get the carb out and dont want to do that more than once or twice ever.

Last edited:
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I'm very intrigued by these, especially since my husband and I are considering getting spring sleds (a powder sled just doesnt work quite as great for spring conditions). My problem is that I ride a KX 100 - I'm small and I want something I can tippy toe through the rocks and roots on the steep single track (I'm not a good enough rider to handle a large bike) and I know they dont make a kit for my size of bike. My husband isnt convinced 2moto would be the ticket for spring snow (even he would probably need a larger bike - he's on a YZ 250) and I cant see it being the ticket for powder snow so wouldn't go full time on one but, again, I would consider them for the spring, however, I'd have to get a big bike. At least that big bike would come in handy for dune and desert riding - that 100 just doesnt cut the mustard for that kind of riding!

Can anyone hook up with these guys for a demo? I would have to try before I buy.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
I'm very intrigued by these, especially since my husband and I are considering getting spring sleds (a powder sled just doesnt work quite as great for spring conditions). My problem is that I ride a KX 100 - I'm small and I want something I can tippy toe through the rocks and roots on the steep single track (I'm not a good enough rider to handle a large bike) and I know they dont make a kit for my size of bike. My husband isnt convinced 2moto would be the ticket for spring snow (even he would probably need a larger bike - he's on a YZ 250) and I cant see it being the ticket for powder snow so wouldn't go full time on one but, again, I would consider them for the spring, however, I'd have to get a big bike. At least that big bike would come in handy for dune and desert riding - that 100 just doesnt cut the mustard for that kind of riding!

Can anyone hook up with these guys for a demo? I would have to try before I buy.

Anyone can hook up with us for a demo. Besides- we're in Boise. We can meet anywhere between here and McCall- We're also coming up next week!
my email- brett@2moto.com

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
any problems that have come up using your bike all winter. did you have to rejet? The new wr 450's are a nightmare to get the carb out and dont want to do that more than once or twice ever.

Just had to re-jet an '07 WR today (put a Dr. D system on it). Our mechanic said the same thing-

I ran my personal bike all summer, and all winter- (450X Honda) with the only change being the air/fuel screw being adjusted each ride. They're very forgiving.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Sold!

All my thoughts about this machine had been shut down. This thing rocks!!
Thank You 2 MOTO
anyone want to buy a rev 800??[/quote]

That's $4,200.00 plus tax I presume, I need to make sure the receipt from 2Moto reads Snow Hawk Adventure NW so I can post it here, I should be able to come up with the funds by the time the unit is ready for delivery.

Of course we will want you to join us on our group Snow Hawk rides with your company helmet camera rolling.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Im defiantly sold on the single ski concept. I havent rode a hawk and Im interested in that as well.. But I do have my old 520 sitting here collecting dust.
The 2 moto kit might be a way to put that older machine to use, Other than just letting my buddies pound it.. They can buy their own bike..Either way I will join this "revolution" I cant believe Ive waited on the outside looking in for so long. See you on the hill, at night of course!

Premium Features