• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Composit track review

H
Apr 6, 2023
Minnesota
Looking into ordering a Composit m66 or m67 for a build this year.. anyone with an honest review or opinion on these? what expectations am I to have with either of these? Any knowledge is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
Looking into ordering a Composit m66 or m67 for a build this year.. anyone with an honest review or opinion on these? what expectations am I to have with either of these? Any knowledge is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ran the Composit M770 3” a couple seasons ago on my 2021 Gen4 Turbo. I liked the track quite a bit for the snow conditions and SWE I rode. Lots of traction and held up really well. I also ran the M66 on a 146” Gen5. I found the M66 did not offer the best traction in spring or dense snow. It wanted to burnout and fold lugs. I would try the M67 since it appears to have a lug better lug pattern with stiffer lugs and sawtooth.

Again, depends on where you are riding, time of year, snow conditions, and what you are looking to achieve.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I replaced my stock Polaris 850 track with an M67 a couple years ago. The cost was half the price of OEM and the performance and durability have been excellent. I was worried about the extra 8 lbs. but I don't feel I lost any track speed, we run side by side runs with a benchmark 800 all year long and we didn't notice any speed loss. The break in was a little odd, the first 60 miles or so the track wanted to climb the front drivers everytime you hit the brake, I had to run it extremely tight for a while until the flexibility improved. I presently have 3,200 miles on it and it looks like new, not one missing lug or crack, I know I would have worn out another OEM track by now.

E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
I replaced my stock Polaris 850 track with an M67 a couple years ago. The cost was half the price of OEM and the performance and durability have been excellent. I was worried about the extra 8 lbs. but I don't feel I lost any track speed, we run side by side runs with a benchmark 800 all year long and we didn't notice any speed loss. The break in was a little odd, the first 60 miles or so the track wanted to climb the front drivers everytime you hit the brake, I had to run it extremely tight for a while until the flexibility improved. I presently have 3,200 miles on it and it looks like new, not one missing lug or crack, I know I would have worn out another OEM track by now.
What type of snow do you ride in? I’m considering the m67 as I’m not sure I want the 3” m770.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Planning an off-season purchase in a 146 length: Are the M66 and M67 as close in performance as they are in model numbers? The M66 is listed as 10lbs heavier and has a less traditional lug pattern than the M67. Anyone with real world, mountain riding experience on both tracks?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Planning an off-season purchase in a 146 length: Are the M66 and M67 as close in performance as they are in model numbers? The M66 is listed as 10lbs heavier and has a less traditional lug pattern than the M67. Anyone with real world, mountain riding experience on both tracks?
M66 is softer and sheds lugs.

M67 holds up better, more ski lift.

Premium Features