• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pos polaris.

P
Dec 2, 2007
Edmonton AB
How does the extra warrenty for polaris work..? Any ideas.. I am 26 I have had 8 polaris sleds now. three snow checked over the last four years. the last two were an 07 D7 and an 08 D8.
I have had both of the latest one's in for warrenty work that has now cost me up wards of 3G's. The latest on the 07 was everytime you hit the brake, the control board goes dead, and when you start it it pops and dies and kicks and all kinds of weird sh!t. So I get a call from the shop on thursday they can't find any of the issues I speak of, but the break switch is faulty and needs replacing. Oh and the bill so far is just shy of $500. But those are all shop charges... NO WARRENTY.... SO WHAT THE #(%$ IS THE WARRENTY FOR??

So next I have the 08. So far its been to the shop 4 times for shocks dumping oil, and twice for clutching which I was told that I hit somthing... with 80miles on it...
Ended up going to a local mod shop and had they found two bolts missing on the primary.. Huh really but the Poo shop didn't catch this?? So I let the mod shop do their thing and it came out pimp...
As for the shocks, poo says I should get a new set of fox floats??? really what about the top of the line walker evans that perform better than fox???

Any way anybody have any thoughts on which way to go?? I have ordered a new M 1000.. I have hated Cats since like 95... but half of the boys ride them and have NO problems....... Especially when it comes to crap that the idoits at the factory and shops should be able to catch up on...

THANKS POLARIS FOR GIVING ME FAITH WHEN I SPEND THOUSANDS EVERY YEAR ON YOUR PRODUCTS.. I WORK IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE INDUSTRY, AND LET ME TELL YA IF I PULLED THIS HORSE SH!T I WOULD BE ON WELFARE... I GUESS ITS CAT AND HONDA TIME....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Sorry to hear about your problems! This sounds like more of a dealer issue than a Polaris issue. Yes, Polaris should build the sled with no bugs, but it happens with all brands, that is why with all flavors being so equal anymore, the best local dealer is the determining factor in which brand you should buy. Good luck with the Cats!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
How does the extra warrenty for polaris work..? Any ideas.. I am 26 I have had 8 polaris sleds now. three snow checked over the last four years. the last two were an 07 D7 and an 08 D8.
I have had both of the latest one's in for warrenty work that has now cost me up wards of 3G's. The latest on the 07 was everytime you hit the brake, the control board goes dead, and when you start it it pops and dies and kicks and all kinds of weird sh!t. So I get a call from the shop on thursday they can't find any of the issues I speak of, but the break switch is faulty and needs replacing. Oh and the bill so far is just shy of $500. But those are all shop charges... NO WARRENTY.... SO WHAT THE #(%$ IS THE WARRENTY FOR??

So next I have the 08. So far its been to the shop 4 times for shocks dumping oil, and twice for clutching which I was told that I hit somthing... with 80miles on it...
Ended up going to a local mod shop and had they found two bolts missing on the primary.. Huh really but the Poo shop didn't catch this?? So I let the mod shop do their thing and it came out pimp...
As for the shocks, poo says I should get a new set of fox floats??? really what about the top of the line walker evans that perform better than fox???

Any way anybody have any thoughts on which way to go?? I have ordered a new M 1000.. I have hated Cats since like 95... but half of the boys ride them and have NO problems....... Especially when it comes to crap that the idoits at the factory and shops should be able to catch up on...

THANKS POLARIS FOR GIVING ME FAITH WHEN I SPEND THOUSANDS EVERY YEAR ON YOUR PRODUCTS.. I WORK IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE INDUSTRY, AND LET ME TELL YA IF I PULLED THIS HORSE SH!T I WOULD BE ON WELFARE... I GUESS ITS CAT AND HONDA TIME....
you need a new dealer..take all your receipts and get ahold of the polaris rep for your area..then scream bloody murder..while the warranty doesnt cover wreck damage or damage from abuse, mods or lack of maintanence..you need to go thru your receipts as well as the warranty papers(they will say what is and what is not covered on your sled) anything listed as covered that you had to pay anything more then a deductible(normally 50$ each time)your dealer should owe you...if al else fails..talk to a lawyer..your extended warranty shows up on the dealer net when your vin is pulled....

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I agree it's a dealer problem if what you say is true and correct. I would get ahold of your Polaris Rep and see what they can do a bit late now should have been done at the time of the problem but live and learn.

Also did you buy these sleds in the USA or CAN as I see you are in Canada??

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
sounds to me like your dealer was finding a way to just charge you and make money out of there shop rather than hassle with poo on warranty????

one way to make the shop money, screw the customer:mad:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Find a new dealer, they are screeeewwwing you big time. Next time you go in there bring a tub of Vaseline w/you, should send them the message that you know they are about **** you hard.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Washington State
Spread the word about this crappy dealer, who is it? I know guys that have exchanged the WE for Zero Pros from the dealer. Curious to know how the 09 WE do though, I have no faith in them at all.

Premium Features