• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 rmk 500

T
Aug 27, 2008
Can anyone shed some lite on this sled owner says it has aprox 1700 miles is in excellent shape all stock i dont know much about them any info would be appreciated i am 6'2" 200 looking for a basic weekend sled to use for a trap line & a little trail riding

P

pullhardr

Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, WY
Should be the same set up as all the other RMK's for 2000. I have ridden a 2000 550 in the past and it did just fine over the snow with the 136 track. I still have a 2000 700 hanging around as a loner that has never had a problem with 3700 miles on it. At 6'2" your knees might get in the way a little and bar risers would help a bunch. Good luck!:beer;

sledmeister

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2008
Yakima, WA
I bought a new 2000 500 RMK for my wife 8 years ago. Though she doesn't ride it much, it only has 800 miles now, this sled ROCKS! I use it for a backup sled when I have my sled torn apart.

I weigh around 200lbs and it is hard to believe that this sled only has 100hp. It goes "almost" anywhere my 800 will go until you get into the really deep stuff. We had the Aux. cooler installed on this when we bought it and have never had one problem with overheating, or anything else for that matter.

I highly recommend this sled. You can't go wrong.

Hope that helps...

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Very good sled,was my wife's second sled after a SkiDoo 377 air cooled.Put over 5000 miles on it before we sold it this spring.Rebuilt the clutch a couple times a belt and some hi fax and hoses.Was very good to us and I would still have it as a loaner/friend sled if I had more room in my yard(damn HOA's)
If you buy it I would recommend an extra wheel kit for the rails(to save your hi fax)otherwise gas it up and go.
pete

A

augerin

Nov 26, 2007
Granite Falls Wa.
I've had the same experience as the above comments. It has been an overperformer since I bought the thing. The only problem I have ever had with it is when the crank shifted out of phase, but I liked the sled so much that I spent the $ to have it repaired. Get the taller cromally stering post and ride.:beer;

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
I have one for my wife. She doesn't ride much, so I loan it out when friends come over and want to ride. 2,300 miles, still looks like new. All I've ever done is an annual service and replace the belt a few time. Still has the Hi-fax it came with....

What I like about it is, it sits lower than the my 700 and 800 RMK's, so it really corners well on the groomed trail.

Premium Features