• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need straight edge chasis carb boots

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I have a mod sled

I have angled carb adaptor boots. When they angle down, the drain tube at the bottom of the carbs is pressed against the tunnel and tries to push the carbs out of the boots. When angled up, the top of the carb is agianst hoses and tries to push the carb out of the boot. If there was a carb adaptor boot that went straight back, there it would be perfect. Does polaris make one?

the carb boot for the 600, 700 and 800 VES engines are the same but they appear to be different for RMK vs Pro-x. I think I have the angled RMK ones. Are the Pro-x one straight? Is there an aftermarket alternative?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
carb boots

The adapters off any non edge should be straight. The Edge had the motors tipped forward and the carb adapters were angled so the carbs set level. Pre edge came 2 ways. Some with oil injection taps and some with out. Either can be modified for your appllication. Look for adapters off pre 2002 6,7, or 800s. I installed a VES in a 01 gen II and had to make this change.

Premium Features