• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Please - 04 Escape + 162x2.25x15 Camo

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I am helping a friend of mine get a 162 x 2.25 x 15 Camo exteme under his 04 Escape. If you have done this, can you give me some insight on what drivers I need? I don't want to do extro's. I already know I need 3" pitch, but from the sounds of it, the 7 tooth 3" pitch driver is bigger than the stock driver. I'm pretty sure we are going to need a little more room.

Also, anyone know where to get a TCP bigwheel kit. I called them today and they said they quit making them. They sold all of them off this spring. I'd like to throw a big wheel kit under it that doesn't require me to cut the rails.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chris

C

cletus

Nov 21, 2007
Hobart
Without any chaincase movement you will need the 7 tooth 3.0 pitch driver and it is smaller than A 8 tooth 2.52 driver.
The bigwheel kit I used the holtz but you do have to cut the rail's

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
if i remember 7tooth extro 3inch pitch drivers are .5 inches smaller than the factory polaris 9tooth 2.52 but bigger than 8 tooth pol. 2.52 any way get 7 tooth extros as said above and it will clear the tunnel then you cand slid the susp. back 3/4-1 inch back that with the big wheel kit will give you the lenght you need i think you will need to still trim the rail tips to clear the drivers also with the susp. back a little it works better in my opiniun and those tracks rip :D i have the 2.5 on my edge and love it you will need to run the track a little tighter with those drivers but i did'nt notice a big power rob or anything good luck

oh as for he big wheel kit there are alot of companys that make ones you don't need to cut rails

Last edited:

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Thanks guys, I am trying to get around running extros. Any other possibilities on the drivers? Actually, if I could just get the diameter of the stock drivers that would be a lot of help. I know they are 9 tooth, but couldn't get a good measurment on the diameter or the pitch.

Chris

Premium Features