• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help! offset axle for big wheels....

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
OK, lets see if i can explain this and make sense. I bought a set of used edgeworks 8" wheels last year. I want an offset axle so i can run them on my assault this year. So i ordered an axle from mountain machines and it has a 25mm shaft. my wheels have a 20mm ID bearing. she told me to just switch to a 6205 bearing. Found out i can't do that on this wheel because the hub is too small. i'm running a 6004 bearing now. WONDERING IF ANYONE MAKES AN OFFSET AXLE WITH A 20MM SHAFT?????

F
Mar 6, 2008
ND
Pretty sure I've got one. It's a MM Freedom axle for a polaris to run 8" wheels with 20mm bearing. I've got all the plates and harware. Let me know if your interested. Bought the setup used and only needed the wheels.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
800poo, on the 07 d7 i had last year, the factory wheels also ran a 20mm ID bearing. i could actually run them on that sled but the bigger wheel pushed the track down off the rail a little bit so i figured i would play it safe and leave them off. as far as the assaults, i don't have mine yet so i don't know what size the stock shaft is.

Premium Features