• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M 10 opinion

B
Hi all, i got an older M 10 and 144 finger track for free from a buddy, i am thinking about installing it on my 94 xlt, i already have an xtra 10 with a 136, ( i can upgrade to a 144 if i want) would you guys keep it as is or upgrade to the M 10? I am also installing bigger carbs and slp pipes so i should be ok when it comes to being able to spin the bigger track. I mainly ride in colorado, i am still learning how to ride in the MTNs but i seem to always be climbing a hill or looking for fresh powder, i stay off the trails as much as possible.
Thanks, hope everyone enjoyed there summer.

Vote McCain Palin

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
If your M-10 is old enough to have metric hardware just be aware that its getting pretty tough to get parts for those skids anymore. shock valving and spring technology have changed radically since the old M-10's so you may want to consider upgrades there. considering the power your 580 will put out, be aware that the M-10 will transfer weight (wheelie) a little less than your xtra-10 so be prepared to do some suspension tuning to get the transfer you need to get around in the steep and deep!
Properly set up, you will experience a huge gain in bump compliance and chassis control.
We do M-10 work every day so feel free to call for help if you need it, thats why we're here!
One last opinion! as a rider that has used finger tracks for several years in the past, I think you would be happier with a more traditional style paddle track for the fluff...finger tracks rock when the snow is heavy or hard but lack a little in the powder.

curt

Premium Features