• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo trouble

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Installing a 53 aerocharger on a F7. Attitude fuel controller. Sled starts and builds little rpm then acts like it is choking out-idles fine. I've backed off all the fuel settings as low as they'll go. Turned the vein adjustment all the way in and that helped a little, I was at least able to get the sled to spin the track. What am I missing? Waited a few months on the controller and when it came, there were no instructions. Is there more than just reversing the wires to the injectors and plugging it in? The fuel controller also immediately goes to green/blue when I hit the throttle. Does that mean it is adding fuel for the turbo right away and flooding? This is my first EFI and aero turbo so I don't really know where to start. Thanks for any input and suggestions.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
It depends on the controller but usually G/B is boost fuel, so yes it may be flooding it, what kind of boost numbers are you getting. My box is hooked up after the throttle bodies so when the throttle is shut it wont throw it into G/B I also have a BOV that helps. Is this a kit or one you put together, You may also have to drop your fuel psi down to 38psi

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
It depends on the controller but usually G/B is boost fuel, so yes it may be flooding it, what kind of boost numbers are you getting. My box is hooked up after the throttle bodies so when the throttle is shut it wont throw it into G/B I also have a BOV that helps. Is this a kit or one you put together, You may also have to drop your fuel psi down to 38psi

The kits plumbing is an older OVS kit that I bought from a guy that was going to put on an M8 and decided to go w/ a bigger turbo. I bought the fuel pump, regulator, and controller. I have the controller hooked to a barb off the air box. The fuel is set around 35 lbs right now, I lowered from 40 but it didn't help. Also tried unhooking the line to the controller, it kept it from going green/blue, but that was about it. I think the problem is w/ the veins in the turbo. Is it possible for a problem w/ the boost controller, I haven't taken it apart yet? I haven't been able to get enough RPM to get boost on the guage yet, but you can hear the turbo winding down when shutting off the sled.

Premium Features