• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Injection Delete on 2011 M8

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Tons of controversy on this subject. Just search. Do not take the oil pump off. Instead, get a small bottle off of a Skidoo and just pull the oil lines off of the bottom of the throttle bodies and re-route them to this bottle or "T" them into the line going down to the center of the case. This way, you can premix, but you still are taking care of the waterpump shaft and crank gears in there running it. Very easy to do and it's like $23 for the new smaller bottle. It's really the only way to do it safely and not have to worry about that center section.

Aaron

Backcountry_Rider

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2009
Mount Vernon
I left a hose hooked to the inlet in the bottom of the case to take care of that concern. Its a clear hose so I can look in there and add oil when it needs it. If you didn't want to do that you could drill and tap the bdx block off plate and inject oil in through there. I dumped some oil in there before putting the block off plate on and it eventually made its way down to the banjo fitting on the bottom of the case, so either option will get oil to the wp shaft. There are many different options, but make sure you use at least one of them to be on the safe side.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
One has a number of options to carry out this mod. One is the BDX option, the small bottle with oil only going to the pump drive void option, the hose to the bottom line option, the grease to the bottom line option, the oil delete cap grease fitting option (D&D) and the case drilling with a line attached between the PTO side and the bottom line fitting option. I actually did the BDX with the case drilling and greased the BDX before I installed. My option choice was based on a number of reasons...first twisted turbo uses the case drilled option for their install with very good results, in fact our local dealer has been installing twisted turbo for years with no failures...the BDX delete has a good bushing in it....the grease well just a good added bonus. Wet weight loss is about 11 lbs, better mixture control, get rid of the crappy pumps, lighter throttle, a good place to put a torque stop which only cost about $8.00 to build.....Cheapest 2 mods one can do to their sled......

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
can someone who has the ability to search pull up the thread?

There are about 4 ways to do it, my way is to install a zerk in the hole where you remove the oil line from, toss in grease, go ride.

If the grease washes away... then it's getting enough premix to wash it away, if it doesn't wash away, then it's greased.

If you feel like adding more grease once a month, once a ride, once a year... go for it. I have tons of issue free miles without any problems & have torn down motors & they look healthy. The last thing I want to do is add another bottle & have another thing to have to deal with when I took the injection off to simplify things as it is.

btw, a standard grease zerk goes right in, no tapping or drilling.

Reactions: m8magicandmystery
H

HOTRODREDNECK

Oct 28, 2008
COLORADO
bdx says you dont have to do anything with there new kit. they say it is a permanent non serviceable fix. hell i dont know?

R
Dec 4, 2007
Williams Lake BC
Had my motor torn down (M1000) and drilled my upper case half on the PTO side by the center bearing journal into the water pump shaft cavity seems to be working good so far as my motor is still just fine after a couple rides. Mixing 32-1 Torco SSO oil and doing this was recommended by Brent Linderman (drilling the upper case) and other forum members as the motor was completely apart.

A
Dec 4, 2010
Anchorage, AK
I used to drill the cases, but thats a pain unless the motor is already torn down. The we started using the block off plate with the grease zerts, per Racing Stations saying they had done it for years, no problems. Now I use the BDX plate / bushing, and he's rite, BDX claims you don't have to do anything, but I drill and tap it for a grease zert and pump white lithium grease into it. Only untill the grease gun just gets firm. The other thing I do, that is not included in the kit, and maybe they tell you to use one of the hose, but is to get little rubber caps for the stock oil injection nipples under the intake manifold.

Premium Features