• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

zrt 600 triple facts

X
Oct 10, 2008
im probilty ganna buy a 1996 zrt 600 i would like to know some things about these sleds what i known for going bad on them and whats a good thing to do to them and just some general info i would like to know befor i go to look at it thanks

The triple 600 motor was a good engine if you took care of it. Make sure to look at the airbox boots to ensure there aren't any cracks in them. They also had some problems with the right front motor mount breaking but they had an update for that.The exhaust pipes sometimes had a tendency to pop out of the exhaust manifold on the engine but if you put double springs on the pipes this solved the issue. Also some guys would run a bead of high temp silicone along the exhaust springs to eliminate vibration and spring breakage. Other than that check all the normal things like idler wheel bearings, chaincase bearings, clutchs, track. You might want to pull the pipes and look in the cylinders to see how the pistons are wearing.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with

Jeff
Gold CatMaster Mechanic
www.FunOutfitters.com
Free Technical Support Line: (866) 531-0123

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i had taken my top end apart at around 4000 miles and ALL 3 pistons had cracks starting on the skirt... from the wrist pin down. but its cheap for pistons. if the sled has this many miles i would consider ripping the top end off for a look and at least new rings if there is no cracks forming. also i had trouble with the pto side rear bumper stop... not very strong support there broke it a few times. other than that the sled was super reliable and lots of power. it had long legs! lol!

Last edited:
Premium Features