• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO AND WHY???????????????????

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
There was a time when we were all on this site and shared the good times and the bad times, now no one is here any more. There hasn't been a fresh post here since Sept of 2023. I happen to be a tech tard when it comes to the internet and I am sure there are lots more just like me out there, it would be nice to see what's happening in the mountains without having to go to so many differrent sites. This social media stuff drives me crazy. If I wanted to ride Stampede, if I wanted to ride Blewett, if I wanted to know how Taneum or Greenwater was, I looked here and found out the conditions and how it was. I know that this has been a funny year in the hills so every one should have time to share some of their precious time and let others know how things are and how they are doing. I guess I'm done with my rant, probably won't make a difference because nobody will have the time to read it anyway, but if they do it would be nice to see some one check this site out and share some of their stuff on it..
Sincerely.
Pouderhound 1

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What your seeing is the result of me being told to OPEN THE FORUM to all non-registered guests. It used to be you had to create a user account and LOG IN to gain full access to all the content. Now, the vast overwhelming majority of people do not log in and thus do NOT POST any content. They only come to look & Search for content they want without contributing anything in return.

Sad state of affairs unfortunately.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We live in the land of entitlement, the society we live in today, lots of users and no givers, sorta sad, but the new reality, I should quit now before I get into trouble
its all good.
All it takes is ONE GUY from an area to start posting conditions and others will follow and join in on the discussion.

The only reason the Island Park thread is so damn big is because I make it a point to always post weather and ride reports there from every time I go out.

If others did the same, each of the areas would be fully represented once again.

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
The Snojammers are having their club fun ride at Stampede this Saturday, will follow up with a report when we get home after the weekend, should be plenty of mashed potatoes for all.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
It does seem that the Washington section has really faded out. Only people left are the Tampico guys and the Blues. Lots of activity on local Facebook groups now

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
There was a time when we were all on this site and shared the good times and the bad times, now no one is here any more. There hasn't been a fresh post here since Sept of 2023. I happen to be a tech tard when it comes to the internet and I am sure there are lots more just like me out there, it would be nice to see what's happening in the mountains without having to go to so many differrent sites. This social media stuff drives me crazy. If I wanted to ride Stampede, if I wanted to ride Blewett, if I wanted to know how Taneum or Greenwater was, I looked here and found out the conditions and how it was. I know that this has been a funny year in the hills so every one should have time to share some of their precious time and let others know how things are and how they are doing. I guess I'm done with my rant, probably won't make a difference because nobody will have the time to read it anyway, but if they do it would be nice to see some one check this site out and share some of their stuff on it..
Sincerely.
Pouderhound 1
While I totally understand what you’re saying and it’s the same way in many other areas, like hunting. We still on a weekly basis have discussions in our group by looking at pass reports, ski resort reports, snotel reports and avy reports, all to make our decision on whether we had to a northern riding spot or a southern riding spot. From Snohomish.

I think also think it’s more about the close knit riding group that you might be associated with, and the folks that they might know outside of our group or folks that they may have rode with. At any point that can give Intel while not blasting it all on Sno west and it’s not because we need to hide it from everybody but we’re just simply responding to each other in text messages sometimes the day before or morning of our ride.

Bottom line there is a lot of places to ride out there and it’s very rare that we have absolutely killer snow so sometimes you just have to want to check out a spot, go there, unload and explore.

👍🏻

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Some of us are still here but not many……I’ll throw up a report from Cle Elum, maybe we can get the party started? On a 23 boost, switch from lots of Yamahas over the years. So far so good but my Viper with a MPI turbo kit would have eaten this new boost I believe, but you can only toss a 600lb sled around for
So long…..

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Blewett was awesome on Sunday, freshly groomed and lots of pow if you know where to look, swapped out my coolant for engine ice and never had an over heat warning, first time in 6 or so rides on 23 boost, it just gets better:))

Premium Features