• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help-drop brackets

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
if you have a 16 wide you have drop brackets already. the track will not clear the top of the rear skid with out them. the larger top wheels get the track up and over the brackets.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I have 16" tracks on KK's without drop brackets or larger top wheels. Did'nt do the edges of the track much good though! SJ's work good on a 16" wide. There are also a couple of rivets that need a little grinding.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I've really loved my Sledjunky's brackets. Being a bigger dude it really helps get your tunnel out the snow better for boondocking and climbing.

Just make sure you also put together an anti-stab kit when you move to brackets and extrovert drivers. I lost my track mid-season last year.... not a fun replacement when it can be prevented by a $25 part.

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Not a great pic, but you get the idea. These are the SJ's drop brackets.

Boone

DSCN1198.jpg

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
When you go to put the SJ drop brackets on, the only hard part is getting the idlers off the cross tube. I made my own puller for them...their on there tight!

W
Jun 6, 2009
C.Falls Mt.
Thanks guys.
Did anyone have to move the front axle mounting location?? It was suggested to me that with the lift, the front will not lift nearly as much in the powder. I have another set of holes it the tunnel to move the axle down and back about an inch. What do ya think??
Kelly

Premium Features