• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bulk head question

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Hey everyone,
well i was wondering if the Mountain Cat (01- 04) is the same as the T-cat (01-02)? like can i take a T-cat engine and slap it in? and then rivet all the belly pan parts to the Montain cat bulkhead?

Jul 7, 2006
kalispell MT
KK to t-cat

I just did this this last winter. Had a mt cat/kk chassis w/ a t-cat motor in it. It was tight changeing a belt and the pipes rubbed on the hood. I switched all the plastics to the 01/02 t-cat plastics and they went together nicely. Fit the bulkhead perfect. I ordered mine through RV sports and saved quite a bit. They are pretty cheap on most AC stuff and pretty good on service.
The motor mounts arent the same but you can build a plate to mount the trip. in there or there are a couple places that build the plates. CR Racing I believe does and maybe D&D
Found a set off D&D pipes on here and a mesh hood a guy had built for a t-cat. You may consider buildin a hood cuz the hoods are spendy. PM me if you have any more ???

Last edited:
A
Apr 7, 2008
cat bulkhead

If you look on the cr racing web site you will see one for sale on there also chad would be able to help you out .

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
If your chassis is an '01-02, you can get MC 1000 motor mounts, and it should bolt right in (with changing the plastics, although there are a couple places that make pipes for that engine in the twin plastic.) Although I just did some part number comparisons, and can't verify that the MC1000 and MC800 etc used the same bulkhead those years. If you have a 1M chassis, the jackshaft motor mount would be different, and I don't believe they made one for the T-cat motor in that chassis.

I have seen one in an '01-02 chassis however, even in the twin plastic.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
A jackshaft bearing mount and motor mount from a 600 1M will let you bolt the T Cat engine in. The differences between 01-02 and the newer ones is the location of the jackshaft and chaincase. The 570fan and the 800 and 900s mount the engine a little differently than the 500 and 600s but the basic bulkhead is the same.

Premium Features