• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about 2003 Mountain Cat primary clutch

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I have one of these on my RMK, and I need to do some tuning on it.

I have the SLP "Polaris" clutch press, has anyone ever used this for an AC clutch? Not the newer style one with the solid base, but the one with the "A-Legs" you could get for Polaris up till a couple years ago?

I really can't afford to buy a whole new slew of clutch tools so I gotta use what I have.

Anyways ...

Questions.

How do you shim this clutch? Do you have to pull the entire thing off and remove the spider to shim it?

Is it possible to change the weights on this clutch with it still in the sled? I have some 69g weights in it now, but I have a set of 65g weights I wanna try out as well. I have the clutch sheave holder (little c-hook looking thing) ... is that enough to be able to swap weights?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

H
Dec 7, 2007
east wenatchee
you do have to pull the spider to shim it,and you can change weights with the clutch on, i use a big screw driver to pry the spider in and use a small magnet to pull the wieghts and shims out ,its kind of a pain but doable

Premium Features