• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRP Lift Kit Spindles

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
What i want to know is if pulling it back 3/8 and putting it inline get rid of the ski searching all the time. Mainly in less than stellar snow. Really bad for unwanted feedback. I've had the bars jerked out of my hands before. That is doos worst downfall.

Yes that is exactly why the ski bolt is pulled back on those spindles is to help with what you are describing.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Me too! I’m coming off a 2017 axys that was pretty dialed in. The bar movement sidehilling from the g4 is noticeable compared to the axys as well as going through chop.
Curious to hear if you find improvements here.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Well, we finally got a snowstorm here in the Sierra’s. I’m impressed by the handling of the Zrp Rip spindles. I opted for the offset RIP setup (1” wider than oem 37.5” stance with centered spacers) from them.

The handling on the trail into zones is substantially improved. No more scary jerking of the bars in old tracks and cut up ruts. The bars have less movement back and forth when sidehilling. Sidehilling is easier going through old tracks and with the wider stance on a wide (sp model) sled. I do have fox coils front and rear from Tom’s Suspension. The zrp z-motion rear link as well. I let my limiter strap out one hole and softened my front shock coils one turn.

I will have more feedback once I ride firmer snow.

R
Nov 29, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Well, we finally got a snowstorm here in the Sierra’s. I’m impressed by the handling of the Zrp Rip spindles. I opted for the offset RIP setup (1” wider than oem 37.5” stance with centered spacers) from them.

The handling on the trail into zones is substantially improved. No more scary jerking of the bars in old tracks and cut up ruts. The bars have less movement back and forth when sidehilling. Sidehilling is easier going through old tracks and with the wider stance on a wide (sp model) sled. I do have fox coils front and rear from Tom’s Suspension. The zrp z-motion rear link as well. I let my limiter strap out one hole and softened my front shock coils one turn.

I will have more feedback once I ride firmer snow.
Any more feedback you can give on these now?

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I am still happy with my purchase. The sleds has calmed down considerably on firm snow. In frozen early morning groomer tracks with old tracks frozen in, they just cruise though it without the random jerk of the bars. The only time I will replace the zrp spindles now, is when it comes time to sell the sled for a new model. I’m really looking forward to getting out in powder again. It has been dry this winter in Tahoe.

Tjtwenty

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2016
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these spindles and a kmod skid on a 165?

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these spindles and a kmod skid on a 165?
It should not be that much different with the rear suspension. The spindles raise the front end a bit, in turn you need to play with (torsion springs, preload, or air pressure) depending on your setup in order to control ski lift to your liking.

I’m surprised that the 34” front end is now an option on expert sleds. It seems too narrow to hold a line in steep powder side hill scenarios without paneling out and loosing the ski edge.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
What do you mean by this? All summit models are the same width.. do you just mean you adjusted out to the widest setting on the skis?
I mean that the summit is a wide sled when you put it next to an axys. It will panel out faster than the axys on steeper terrain.
I run my skis centered on my spindles.

K
Nov 26, 2007
Cle Elum, Wa
Hey guys. Just finished my first ride on the ZRP RIP kit. I added Durapro ski rubbers and EXIT X1 rear shocks. I feel the sled is way more predictable now and holds a tighter line while side hilling. The sled tips easier and responds well to rider input. I need to make a few small adjustments to the suspension to get the skis to lift easier when climbing or boondocking (my preference) but other than that I can say, in my opinion, that this is money well spent. The sled also felt like it performed smoother on the trail for those who spend time chasing corduroy.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I know this is an old thread, but figured I would try. Considering ZRP rip spindles for my G4. Sled currently has Toms fox shocks all around and rear arm etc. I run my skis in the center. Sled already feels like it has considerably more ski pressure than similar stock g4s. My limiter only has one more hole to extend. Anyone tried this combo? Ski pressure?

Premium Features