• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Zero response on push pg g kit

T

TheJett29

Buddy has a 2009 m8 with push g kit. Runs great but ever since kit has been put on it has no response. We are no turbo experts, this is the first in our group to go turbo. When you first take off from a stop if you punch it just sits there for like 2 seconds and then it takes off like a bullet. Makes it hard to ride in the trees. This problem is much better when it is rolling but still something is not right We are running exactly what Ken said to set it at.

32psi fuel
Box o,o,o,5,5,5
Running 50/50
Clutching from push

Not sure if we have something hooked up wrong or what. Looking for some input.

Thanks

Usually on a turbo if you have a weak take off the first thing to check is your reeds.

I agree but I don't really know how its running and I guess I figure reeds are easy to check and rule out. No sense in checking the indepth things first I would say?

Hopefully Kevin sees this post, I was thinking the same thing. I wil be looking at reeds tonight to rule those out. Thanks for the info so far.

Buddy has a 2009 m8 with push g kit. Runs great but ever since kit has been put on it has no response. We are no turbo experts, this is the first in our group to go turbo. When you first take off from a stop if you punch it just sits there for like 2 seconds and then it takes off like a bullet. Makes it hard to ride in the trees. This problem is much better when it is rolling but still something is not right We are running exactly what Ken said to set it at.

32psi fuel
Box o,o,o,5,5,5
Running 50/50
Clutching from push

Not sure if we have something hooked up wrong or what. Looking for some input.

Thanks

It sound like it is loading up at low speed & idle, I would drop the fuel pressure

He is already running pretty low fuel pressure. Do you really think he should try running it lower?

It seems like it is clutching to me but I am running what push sent out. Maybe that is the problem. I might try stock and see how it acts. Running 68gr. and push helix, that is all we change. Stock this thing was perfectly fine as far as response, don't get it.

ride 8-1000 ft.

Reeds appear to be good.

Thanks

It seems like it is clutching to me but I am running what push sent out. Maybe that is the problem. I might try stock and see how it acts. Running 68gr. and push helix, that is all we change. Stock this thing was perfectly fine as far as response, don't get it.

ride 8-1000 ft.

Reeds appear to be good.

Thanks

68 grams is REALLY light, for any turbo setup.

We run 80+ around here, 10k+ I don't know anyone running under 75.

not sure how too light a weight could do what you're saying... but that needs to get changed.

Yep sounds about right.

With the right clutching you should rip. Kens clutching kind of sucks.

You can get better with just clutching but to get it 100 % you would need to come see me.

Call or go to my web site and get some clutching. Just my weights and spring will help big time.

Dave does yours rip now??????

Check to make sure your wastegate is operating correctly.A buddy of mine has a g kit and his had a bog when he first put it on. I think it was hanging open somehow.

Tried 73 weights made no difference. I will be getting ahold of Kevin on Monday to get some clutching coming but just trying things right now. It is for sure a ton of fuel at idle at low range. Plugs are dripping wet. I would say that is a big problem but with box turned off on those settings I don't know what to try except lowering fuel pressure?

Thanks

Kevin, mine runs really good now. Made another map, matched yours above 6700 but had to lean the bottom a little. Yours was really close. Thanks again for your help..Great service... Dave.:face-icon-small-coo

Just an update, talked to Kevin @ MM Sports and we ordered clutching for the sled. After the install and test I am totally sold that this guy knows what he is talking about. Very impressed with how this sled is operating now. We also have a new fuel controlling coming just to get it even better. So thank you Kevin!! You the man.

Premium Features

Back