• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Phazer Tunnel Close Out Panel

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
Save yourself $$ take some measurements (I can't remember, measure for yourself)
then head on down to a place that sells sheets of metal(I had one in town)
cost me 11 dollars for .040 aluminum cut to size, and about 20 rivots. And I was done.
looks factory, much less buildup, and your happy. Then save up for a set of Fbomb Better
boards, then you are really set.(I loved mine for the short season I had with them) sold the sled to move.

D
Jan 5, 2009
Duluth, MN
There's a thread about it at Snow and Mud, but I see you already saw it. Talked to the Yamaha dealership in my town on Saturday and they said that last year they put close out panels on 07 Phazers for $250 a sled, what a rip off.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
There's a thread about it at Snow and Mud, but I see you already saw it. Talked to the Yamaha dealership in my town on Saturday and they said that last year they put close out panels on 07 Phazers for $250 a sled, what a rip off.

Ya thats the buddy who bought one for 89. I know yamaha raised its prices the start of the year but come on! 170 dollar increase?! I guess i better not get too bent out of shape about it until i find out for sure what the price is.

I will post my findings tomorrow.

T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
Hello!!!!

Save yourself $$ take some measurements (I can't remember, measure for yourself)
then head on down to a place that sells sheets of metal(I had one in town)
cost me 11 dollars for .040 aluminum cut to size, and about 20 rivots. And I was done.
looks factory, much less buildup, and your happy. Then save up for a set of Fbomb Better
boards, then you are really set.(I loved mine for the short season I had with them) sold the sled to move.
I just cut an old aluminum sign to size with a jig saw, pulled the seat and riveted the panel into place...30 mins tops, if you cant find a piece of aluminum then do as stated above...Fbomb Boards are next!!!! Dino

K
How come you guys aren't getting this done under recall? :confused:
I had my 07 Phazer in a couple of weeks ago to get the cold start kit installed under recall, at which time they also installed a new belt to address the reverse issue, under recall and the dealer said that if my tunnel hadn't already been closed in that they would do that for me as well, under recall.
I'm in Canada so I would guess that should be a Canada wide reacll. Not sure about US though. Look into it if you haven't already.

Z
Feb 5, 2008
Jamestown ND
I just spoke with our dealer and was informed that the closeout panel is not covered under a recall or warranty. As far as the reverse issues, Yamaha will install a 1 mm shim in the secondary but the belt is a wear item, so that is the customer's responsibility.

Premium Features