• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha apex will not start

L
Jan 7, 2013
hey

i have a Yamaha apex 1100, when trying to start it is getting no power to the fuel pump or injectors indicating that it has no oil pressure . so first of all , check oil pressure , its fine. then check the sensor by earthing and un earthing the wire but still no luck. so i look as well as i can at the wiring from the computer to the sensor and it appears fine.

i also checked the fuel pump relays ect

i am now starting to think its an issue with in the computer ???

any idea guys??

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
A couple questions...how did you check oil pressure if the engine is not running? Does the motor crank? Does the fuel pump cycle when you turn the key on? If not I would test the fuel pump.

L
Jan 7, 2013
hey , i put the gauge in the sensor hole and turned it over until i got pressure.
it is not getting power to the pump but i did also text the pump and it still works fine. it is also not receiving power to the injectors, and in the manual it states if there is no oil pressure it will stop both the injectors and pump every other fault cuts spark

thanks

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
i have had it running off my jumper pack so that should be more than enough

so if it only runs with the jumper pack attached doesent that tell you something? don't expect the sled to keep running if you jump it and then take the jumper off with a completely dead battery

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Not sure if you are back on the snow or not, but the fuse I had to change was near the oil tank and had two other fuses as well as a positive line from the battery. I think the other fuse was for the headlights...both were 10A, large flat style of fuse, separate from the fuse box. This is on a Nytro, so take my solution with a grain of salt. I was also getting a code 43 on my display.

Sent from my Commando

M
Feb 5, 2013
same problem just fixed mine

I have a 06 apex was not getting power to fuel pump .. checked my relay and was clicking on and off .My fuses were fine in fuse panel. So I was looking for a bad ground or bad harness and finally found fuses that are under air breather ...there is a two fuses one on each side of plugin and one of them was blew and coroded..... cleaned up and my fuel pump works, sled fired up right away and has been fine. These fuses suoply the ecu with power...hope this helps. The fuse covers are white and full size fuse compared to little fuses in main fuse panel.

J
Dec 30, 2008
Apex problem

It is on the wiring harness the are some small black fuses there are three of them , one of them is blown out they are about a inch square , you will have to replace it , I can get the part number for it if you need

Premium Features