• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XXXModRods Apex Hood - Anybody running one?

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Hi,
I was looking to see if anybody has the XXXMODRODS Apex hood on their sled - please post comments and pictures if you do!!

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
I was going to get one then I couldn't find there website anymore. I found out that Mountain Fit Hoods is the same hood as xxxmodrods. I don't know if they bought them from them or what but I ordered the black one and it is sweet!! You have to do a little work to get it ready to go. Like cut out the vents and trim the edges but it is well worth the money! It comes folded in half when they ship it to you. I got it out of the box, set it on the floor and jumped in it!!! It flatened out then POP!! Right back to shape! I have seen alot of apex Hoods and this one takes the cake! I don't have any pics of it on my sled but I do have the ones that they sent me. It is of the white one!

picture.php

picture.php

H

happyhour

Nov 26, 2007

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
You might want to read through the xxxmodrods post in the general forum - it has a lot of info in regards to Mountain Fit and the customer service issues! Just a heads up:present:

M

Mean Yamaha

May 3, 2008
Laramie WY
www.Team7220.zxq.net
I called Bill at Montain Fit and odered mine and he was great to deal with. I called him half a dozen times and answered the phone everytime have not had those problems they talk about. I would recommend them to everyone.

T
Dec 10, 2007
I had a Mountain Fit Hood on my 06 apex and liked it a lot. I liked it so much that I put one on my 08 as well. It didn't shatter or break when rolled over! If you really take your time making it fit correctly it looks great. I have seen some that guys hurry with it and they dont look as good. I thought the price was really good in comparison to what else was out there (at that time... haven't looked lately)

valemount march1-2 029(2).jpg Picture_008.jpg

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Well xxxmodrods does not have any Apex hoods - I guess they are having a problem with their thermoformer :confused: I might give mountain fit a call :eek:!! Any reccomendations for a light bar and lights, I need something that will work good for night trail riding! Also, it looks like I am going to need a speedo relocation bracket!!

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
Ever since that post in general came out bill has been doing anything and everything in his power to answer ever phone call and respond to every email. He is located in spokane washington, and for the guy that was looking for the modrods hood, it was a mtn fit that they bought then sold under their own line.

H

happyhour

Nov 26, 2007
Well xxxmodrods does not have any Apex hoods - I guess they are having a problem with their thermoformer :confused: I might give mountain fit a call :eek:!! Any reccomendations for a light bar and lights, I need something that will work good for night trail riding! Also, it looks like I am going to need a speedo relocation bracket!!

for a light bar I went with cr racing http://crracingcanada.com/osc/product_info.php?products_id=322

for the lights I went with Solstice HID 40 watts one as a spot and one as a flood light http://www.cyclopsmotorsports.com/

you can contact off road rider here on the forums for the lights if you are interested

as far as the brackets I know powderlites makes them http://www.powderlites.com/turbo accessories.html

T
Dec 10, 2007
I built my light bracket out of a chunk of flat bar and bolted it where the oe headlight bracket mounted, not as nice as cr's but still looked good and was really easy to do, cost less than $10. Then I put the money saved towards a good set of piaa lights. I didn't like the idea of the dash sitting up on the handlebars because of damage with a roll over so I traced my stock dash mounts and located the dash into the new hood. Works well. The only problem is removing the hood means unhooking the dash, but it rarely has to come off so not a big deal!

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Can somebody post some pics of your light bar set up as well as your gauge mounts - I like the idea of keeping the gauge in the hood. :D

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Received my hood from Mountain Fit today (XXXModrods does not have any Apex hoods currently)!! :D Now it looks like some people cut out the entire headlight and others just cut out a circle - I no probably just a matter of personal preference, but any suggestions on which way to go??

Premium Features