• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP Tail light issues

I bought Bob's sweet VMI rack recently along with his LED light that he sell's. So I put it all on and pulled the excess wire out and cut the wires to the factory tail light. Then I wired it all together and it was ready to go. So I started it up, but I had nothing. There was no light with or without the brake applied. So my bro inlaw who's an electrician came over to help. We decided to test using the old factory light. The end result doing this was that I only had a brake light when I applied the brake. So the next thing to do it trace the wire to the front of the sled and see if I pulled something out or what. I have no electric start on mine either. So by the looks of it, I only have those 2-15 amp fuses I believe by the oil res. Is there anymore hiding somewhere? I tried looking under the tank consel and under the hood. I love my sled, but darn I hate when I have to do anything under there.

So there's my story.....Does anyone know where I could find a diagrahm or does anyone know where the wires go to under the hood? Or any other hints/help.

I was so pumped to finally get my rack/light, then this happens. Good thing up here in Ft Mac we're going to miss the snow storm, but its still fing cool.

Thank you

Just so happens I have a wiring diagram now...

BK, WH and RD/YL going to your light

Rd/yl is your power/general running lights

WH is your brake light, it comes right from your brake lever. Rd/yl powers that lever

Rd/yl is powered by the 20 amp fuse. Rd/yl powers alot of stuff, so its doubtfull thats your issue

theres 4 fuses total and a couple relays

I bought Bob's sweet VMI rack recently along with his LED light that he sell's. So I put it all on and pulled the excess wire out and cut the wires to the factory tail light. Then I wired it all together and it was ready to go. So I started it up, but I had nothing. There was no light with or without the brake applied. So my bro inlaw who's an electrician came over to help. We decided to test using the old factory light. The end result doing this was that I only had a brake light when I applied the brake. So the next thing to do it trace the wire to the front of the sled and see if I pulled something out or what. I have no electric start on mine either. So by the looks of it, I only have those 2-15 amp fuses I believe by the oil res. Is there anymore hiding somewhere? I tried looking under the tank consel and under the hood. I love my sled, but darn I hate when I have to do anything under there.

So there's my story.....Does anyone know where I could find a diagrahm or does anyone know where the wires go to under the hood? Or any other hints/help.

I was so pumped to finally get my rack/light, then this happens. Good thing up here in Ft Mac we're going to miss the snow storm, but its still fing cool.

Thank you

Tail light issues.... wow.... I didn't know my sled even had a tail light... Guess I am looking out front, to much..... Just kidding,,,, I took my light off... Kind of heavy..... I know,,,,, what if someone hits you from behind cause they can't see your tail light...... Go faster...,,,, :beer;:beer;:beer;
Drink more beer.... Oh,,,, after you ride...

Premium Features

Back