• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP skid in a Rev

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Ok so my cousin has an original 151 rev that we stretched to 162 with extensions. I have an XP that is a 163. I am thinking of pulling the skid and track out and going to a Timber setup and a different track...Has anyone ever put an XP 163 skid under a 162 Rev?? His skid is heavy so it would be quite a weight loss to get my XP skid under it.

Ideas??

Thanks a bunch!!

Jake

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Just to let you know, I bought some xp sliders for an XP 163, to go onto my 159 REV skid and they were a couple of inches shorter. Dealer said they would fit, but to my surprise they didn't. Careful, the geometry is different in these 2 sleds, and it might turn into a dog if you do.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Swap

The XP sliders are shorter by design and do not go to the end of the rail. They end a few inches short.

The xp skid will probably work well. Ski Doo openly admitted when the Rev came out the skid was a carry over from the zx and was not optimum for rider forward.

I have had our Rev and XP in the sled deck side by side and saw no reason why it would not work. You will probably need to fabricate new mounting points by relocating the rear brackets and drilling new front mount holes.

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Borntosled, how does a drop and roll effect how the sled sits in relation to an xp??

Good point... but-

I do believe the drive shaft sits further back, I will check with both my sleds side to side.
I am thinking it has an even smaller skid, just because you have the chaincase by your foot.

CUSO

B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
the attack angle of the track up front is now basically the same as the xp when the drop and roll is done not to mention alot more clearence to through snow

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
I see, but how does that effect the skid placement? Would I need an anti stab kit for an non drop and roll rev and set the xp skid in it at identicle mount points to the stock xp?

Thanks

Jake

B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
oooops i missread the start of the thread thought he meant the tunnel for some reason i think it is the summer heat getting to me i need to sled big time sorry for the confusion

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
Ok so my cousin has an original 151 rev that we stretched to 162 with extensions. I have an XP that is a 163. I am thinking of pulling the skid and track out and going to a Timber setup and a different track...Has anyone ever put an XP 163 skid under a 162 Rev?? His skid is heavy so it would be quite a weight loss to get my XP skid under it.

Ideas??

Thanks a bunch!!

Jake

Do you mean this???

14419163011.jpg

14419163018.jpg

Premium Features