• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM rear suspension noise?

My Summit SP i got late last season only has 250 miles on it. I noticed while going through my pre season check that the rear suspension is squeaking like crazy. I greased the 3 fittings I saw back there. I blew it and didnt lubricate everything at the end of the season. real bad idea since we were skipping water in the spring. any ideas? its coming from somewhere near the rear shock. (t-motion) best lubrication for these components? (it's cold!)

Also, when i installed the grip n rip bracing on both my sleds. the bushing in the rear A-arms squeak like crazy too. its almost a ping when i pretend carve in the garage. what kind of lube is good for those bushings (they are plastic) is there some sort of protector I was supposed to put on there?

thanks for any input guys!
It's on its way! Just need that base!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The heim joint on the rear scissor will squeek. Just a shot of WD-40 or similar will shut it up for awhile. It might work on the a arm bushings too if it can get in there....I haven't had the noisy aarms yet.

Reactions: AKskidouchebag
Thanks winter brew. That was pretty much my plan. Ill let you know if the squeak remains. I'm gonna ride it regardless on Sunday. I hope the other 50 people that viewed this post weren't having the same issue...

Ill have to remove the lower rear a arm bolts to spray them. Luckily I still have the 15mil wrench that I ground down for the nuts. (Key if your going to remove!)

T
Jun 28, 2011
i got a 2014 summit with about 80 kms on it and was out today and every bump i go over you can hear mine squeak too ... haven't been able to check it out yet though

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
WD-40 on the pivot arm heim joint and you should be good. I spray it every time I go out. Easy and keeps it quiet.

I've not heard any noise from my A-arms but I think the sway bar makes a little noise when you shift weight from side to side. There is a little play from left to right where the linkage attaches to the bar.

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
I use bell ray chain lube on all pivot points. It stays on my MX chain, and seems to stay on the ball joints/ pivot points on the sleds. Let it sit on the sprayed area's and wipe off the rest.

Premium Features