• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM HOOD

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
4 shiny stainless torx bolts. one on each side, two on the top. Unplug the dash, just pop it out and take the plug out the back of it. There is also a little clear hose(I believe on the right ) that needs to be popped loose. Be careful when you lift the hood after you take out the torx heads and you will see it. Probably good advice to look in your manual while you are doing it but this will get you started.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
BTW, at first I hated that you had to unbolt the hood to get at the pipe but after doing it you have such huge access to the engine it is worth it. I'm going to shorten the bolts on the side so they are quicker to take out but it only takes 10 minutes to get off. First time the Y-pipe install has been so easy.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Any of you notice a bit of a gap between the rubber airbox boot and the intake tube at the top when everything's been re-assembled? I've tried adjusting the tube, the boot, the upper module but still end up w/ the gap.

Oh, and I'm glad this thread was posted because I never even saw the little black nipple when I pulled the upper module off and would have just left that clear tube dangling

Premium Features