• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xc vs Sx (Gearing!)

I think any track bike is way better for snowbiking. The geometry lends itself to better handling all the way around. The rake on enduro type bikes I think is an issue from my experience.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

I think any track bike is way better for snowbiking. The geometry lends itself to better handling all the way around. The rake on enduro type bikes I think is an issue from my experience.

I wonder if the rake is coming from the frame or the triple clamps. i thought the XC and SX frames were the same.

Someone else would have to chime in on the xc frame

The frames are the same except the kick stand bracket and a tab for the voltage regulator. There was a few odd years that had different tripple clamp offset but for most years they are the same basic handling with just stiffer suspension for the sx.

All great info on this thread guys! Last winter was my first snowbike season when I put a ‘19 ARO 120le in my ‘17 250SX 2 stroke track bike.

I’ve been wondering about building another with either a 250 or 300xc and now am thinking the 250 maybe is the way to go.
I could’nt believe how well the 250SX worked in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back