• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wow, first ride on 12' w/new mods

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
First ride on buff pass today w/ 2' on top. I was so impressed w/ the changes I have made this season to my 12' M800 LE. After I did the steering ski swing mod last year I was already very happy w/ the sled but the stock skis got me stuck going downhill twice? I never got stuck on my M series going downhill? didnt think it was possible, lol. Anyway the skis were for sure the worst and it would trench if I wasnt in the right spot on the boards and didnt use the throttle perfectly.

The mods done this year were:
Dealer updates for the 12's
Dropped the skid 3/4" like the 13's in the front & rear of skid.
Pro RMK gripper ski's
Headlight delete and cold air intake (same as bdx)
bdx-anti stab kit
removed all idler wheels- inside 2 and outside 2
taillight mod
cut seat down 1"

The 13' skid location is 5x better, I usually like to have no ski pressure but today i left my center skid shock a little looser and the same 142 psi. in rear. I got rid of the trenching completely and it climbed way way better.

Anyone who is looking to get aftermarket skis? Buy the grippers pro rmk skis they fixed my downhill dive 100%. they are great skis for the PC and I am so happy to have fixed my biggest problem.

I have dropped about 35 lbs of this sled and the headlight delete and intake worked flawless. No more protection from wind on your hands though. the windshield is too low to block any wind. and loosing the Eiffle Tower rear tailight holder was really noticeable, can lift the back of sled a lot easier! lol.

The seat mod making it shorter is a must, I think i am gonna cut it down even more. a lot eaiser to jump back a forth. I am still waiting on my 20t top gear and I think that will help w/ my style of riding.

I rode w/ my buddy and he has 13' Pro rmk. I am so happy I stuck w/ cat last year, even though I had to fix so many things I hated about it. Bottom line, I still got the most powerfull and reliable motor out there and the toughest sled out there! I got to shed 35lbs, and if I had a pro? I would have to add 10lbs to make sure it didnt crumple like a tin can! His sled is sweet but w/ everything i have done, i guarantee I will surprise him climbing and w/ the durability of the PC.

chris

So this year I had the I rode w/ my buddy that has a 13' Pro Rmk.

sled.jpg orbs 018.jpg wirh.jpg

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Go withe the three inch if you are doing a track. You won't regret it. And I agree with all the updates. It feels like a totally different sled

Sent from my iPhone via magic!

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
It's good to hear to updates and '13 skid placement seems to be helping I did the geo shock relocation and I think my '12 is going better in the pow just spent two days in baseless mountain pow and I can hack tighter s***hooks and it seems to get up on snow better I'm gonna drop the front of my skid as well to the '13 location too see if its a good combo or if its one or the other

First ride on buff pass today w/ 2' on top. I was so impressed w/ the changes I have made this season to my 12' M800 LE. After I did the steering ski swing mod last year I was already very happy w/ the sled but the stock skis got me stuck going downhill twice? I never got stuck on my M series going downhill? didnt think it was possible, lol. Anyway the skis were for sure the worst and it would trench if I wasnt in the right spot on the boards and didnt use the throttle perfectly.

The mods done this year were:
Dealer updates for the 12's
Dropped the skid 3/4" like the 13's in the front & rear of skid.
Pro RMK gripper ski's
Headlight delete and cold air intake (same as bdx)
bdx-anti stab kit
removed all idler wheels- inside 2 and outside 2
taillight mod
cut seat down 1"

The 13' skid location is 5x better, I usually like to have no ski pressure but today i left my center skid shock a little looser and the same 142 psi. in rear. I got rid of the trenching completely and it climbed way way better.

Anyone who is looking to get aftermarket skis? Buy the grippers pro rmk skis they fixed my downhill dive 100%. they are great skis for the PC and I am so happy to have fixed my biggest problem.

I have dropped about 35 lbs of this sled and the headlight delete and intake worked flawless. No more protection from wind on your hands though. the windshield is too low to block any wind. and loosing the Eiffle Tower rear tailight holder was really noticeable, can lift the back of sled a lot easier! lol.

The seat mod making it shorter is a must, I think i am gonna cut it down even more. a lot eaiser to jump back a forth. I am still waiting on my 20t top gear and I think that will help w/ my style of riding.

I rode w/ my buddy and he has 13' Pro rmk. I am so happy I stuck w/ cat last year, even though I had to fix so many things I hated about it. Bottom line, I still got the most powerfull and reliable motor out there and the toughest sled out there! I got to shed 35lbs, and if I had a pro? I would have to add 10lbs to make sure it didnt crumple like a tin can! His sled is sweet but w/ everything i have done, i guarantee I will surprise him climbing and w/ the durability of the PC.

chris

So this year I had the I rode w/ my buddy that has a 13' Pro Rmk.

Great review and write up - until that last paragraph. Just couldn't end it without bashing the pro huh?

Premium Features