• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

World's First Snow Bike Races During McCall Winter Carnival

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Figured I'd post this from RacerXOnline.com - gonna be a great event to attend!

"Snow Bike Races at McCall Winter Carnival

World’s first snow bike race marks return of motorsports events to McCall Winter Carnival

By
Keith Burgie Jan 1 2009 11:47AM

McCall, Idaho – The world’s first snow bike races are scheduled to take place during the 44th annual McCall Winter Carnival, on February 7, 2009. Known as “The Project Filter, 2Moto™ Ground Zero,” the event will take place on the McCall Golf Course, just off of Main Street in McCall, Idaho and is expected to draw over 1,000 spectators and dozens of participants from across the United States. Snow biking is a relatively recent form of winter recreation, pioneered by 2Moto™, an Idaho-based company, where a ski and a lightweight, high-performance track are fitted to modern, off-road motorcycles. 2Moto™ snow bikes are easy to maneuver, and weigh as much as 300 pounds less than a snowmobile. They are also much less expensive, and allow a dirt bike rider to quickly and easily convert his motorcycle for use in the winter. 2Moto™ snow bikes can be ridden around slowly, or jumped and cornered much like a dirt bike.

Ground Zero will allow snowbike owners and enthusiasts to compete for trophies and prizes on a ¾ mile, groomed track on the McCall Golf Course that will feature both right and left hand turns and four jumps. The trophy event will allow 2Moto™ snow bike owners, from all over the U.S. and Canada, to compete against each other for trophies and bragging rights. The Legends event will put famous motorsports legends on the track together including Malcolm Smith, Mike Metzger, Dangerous Darrell Schultz, Alexander Smith, John Junkyard Dog Dowd, Johnny Unser, Steve Hatch, and Kerry, Bret and Robie Peterson. Ground Zero is presented by Project Filter, 2Moto™, Let’s Ride Suzuki, Edge Performance Sports, Monster Energy, MonaVie, the Idaho Air National Guard, Boondocker’s Nitrous, Charmac Trailers, Pro-Moto Billet, Moto Tech, Beaudry Motorsports, Scott USA, Fly Racing, Sprint Cellular, Hinson Powersports and Beaverton Honda.

Ground Zero kicks off on Saturday, January 31 at the McCall Golf Course at 2pm, with snow bike demo rides for adults 18-over. Additional snow bike demos will be run from noon to 5pm on Sunday, February 1, and the race will take place on Saturday, February 7. Ron Dillon, event spokesman, said, “Many people have heard of snow bikes, but have not yet had an opportunity to ride one. Ground Zero will be a terrific platform for us to introduce the public to the sport of snow biking, by allowing people to test ride a unit in a safe, controlled environment. Ground Zero will also feature the biggest lineup of motorsports legends that have ever been assembled in Idaho. We are also very pleased to see motorsports returning to the McCall Winter Carnival for the first time since 1994.”

For more information call Ron Dillon at (208) 573-4255, or visit the 2Moto™ website at www.2moto.com. "

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Ya know I live in New Meadows and work for the city of McCall and I've not seen any advertisments about this event. It sounds like a blast to attend I just wish there was more adds for it. Thanks for posting Powder girl!!

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I'm surprised too that I havnt heard of this sooner! Anyone remember the dirt bike flick "On Any Sunday"? Malcolm Smith is one of your stars! And of course Mike Metzger has been named the King of Freestyle Motocross in recent years! And John Dowd - do I really need to explain? Again, will be great to see these guys and many more slicing and dicing on snow bikes on a track built on a golf course!

"Because all golf courses should be motocross tracks!" - Throttle Jocky (Snow cross tracks will suffice!)

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
I have to admit I have ALWAYS fantasized about tearing up a golf course on my bike!!!! Thinking I may have to make a trip just to say "I was there when the very first race happened." Hell I may even put a number back on the bike just to make a lap with some of my long time heros.

sounds fun... wonder if they will have a "old slow guy beginner class?" :D Hope I can make it fit the work schedule.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have to admit I have ALWAYS fantasized about tearing up a golf course on my bike!!!! Thinking I may have to make a trip just to say "I was there when the very first race happened." Hell I may even put a number back on the bike just to make a lap with some of my long time heros.

sounds fun... wonder if they will have a "old slow guy beginner class?" :D Hope I can make it fit the work schedule.

Hauler,

I would love to watch you race that bike :p

Last time I saw your ride it . . . see you Friday ~ Kiliki

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
what the hell... you guys have some sort of alert with my name on it??? I just posted that like 2 seconds ago! haha they have wireless at the hot tub and you guys brought the laptop?!

aren't you guys up at the trinities? I think the avatar girl is staying home and i'll be coming solo... kinda sucks. won't know for sure 'til sunday or monday.

and i don't remember doing anything too bad on the bike at cat creek... did i wipe out there? funnier was watching MOCO try his hand at it. :D

If I can make it, we should do a group thing. L will be on her way back from Oregon work trip... could be fun even if I don't race. I'm sure we could fit in a couples ride while we were up there. check your calendar.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
what the hell... you guys have some sort of alert with my name on it??? I just posted that like 2 seconds ago! haha they have wireless at the hot tub and you guys brought the laptop?!

aren't you guys up at the trinities?

Yeah, we are stalking you ~RIGHT!

MOCO is in the trins and Kiliki is here at home cleaning and spending money and redecorating.:devil: This being out of school thing is an adjustment:beer;

If you can make it, I think the Winter Carnival would be a blast. We are going to go up for a day with our cousins anyways. The more the merrier!

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I have not heard much good about the snowhawk's but have heard nothing but good about the 2Moto snow bikes so my first inclination is to say it wont go that direction. I have never ridden a Snowhawk so cannot rightfully compare it to the snow bike but I do know that the snow bikes are a lot of fun and would be a blast to explore the backcountry on one in the spring snow.

M

meadowoodlodge

Oct 27, 2008
mccall idaho
www.meadowoodlodge.com
video link

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lak8pNETtPc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lak8pNETtPc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
The racing starts at noon. They will be doing demos that day as well. Heard 120 people showed up Saturday between riders and spectators. They certainly had some sweet machines there! We showed up too late on Sunday and they were just pulling out with all the bikes so didnt get to demo them.

Sorry you have to work meadowoodlodge! I'm missing out too because I'll be in Halfway for the Ladies Ride.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Premium Features