• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Won't build boost under load??

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
So I've road my sled on a groomer and it built boost just fine, nice hard pack snow. Well today is blower pow and it wouldn't build boost, sometimes it try's to when I hit hard pack but barly. The only change I did since then was put in turbo domes but I don't think that's the issue. Reeds? That's what I'm thinking I already have some on order but I'd like your guys opinion?? Push turbo g kit no extra injectors 2007 m8.

Last edited:
Had the same thing happen to mine. Reeds were shot. 2007 M8 with Cutler stage I I running 10 lbs. Put new reeds in and she rips again. Replace your exhaust donuts as well.

M-head I hope your right because I already have turbo reeds in the mail, ill pull them in the next few days and find out for sure.

It could of been partly air related but I doubt it, the vents on the front of the hood were getting plugged but I still had my headlight vents which I was constantly wiping so I'm sure the intake was getting some air, enough for sure.

Did you have a back fire at all while you were first tuning? A back fire will chip the reeds.
buzyze9a.jpg

That's what a back fire will do

You know I didn't even think of that, my sled actually did backfire when I started it to load it into the truck the other night, I was confused killed the sled and it started up just fine so I didn't think much about it.

I'm confident when you pull those reeds, you will find your problem. Don't forget about the donuts--exhaust leaks cause spool problems as well. I replace the donuts twice a season.

M-head I hope your right because I already have turbo reeds in the mail, ill pull them in the next few days and find out for sure.

It could of been partly air related but I doubt it, the vents on the front of the hood were getting plugged but I still had my headlight vents which I was constantly wiping so I'm sure the intake was getting some air, enough for sure.

tell me you didn't buy Tony dukas reeds??

which ones did you buy?

I'll let you guys know after I eat some food but I just pulled my mag side reeds and they look absolutely perfect. I'm hoping the pto side is shot.

Tony I'll give that a view later tonight

Well I mean my reeds weren't perfect, but from the looks of them they aren't my problem, or main problem anyways. My exhaust donut has seen better days, ill go from there and hope thats the problem, keep the comments coming ill happily try and look into more things.

Also ill have to try that air thing something soon.

Unless things have changed, carbon fiber reeds and turbos have not been a good mix...for various reasons. If your photos show the worst part of your reeds, I doubt reeds are your problem, at least until one breaks and goes through your turbo's hot side :-)

If it builds some boost without loading the motor too much and not when under a load. As stated, I would be looking at exhaust and or exhaust bypass issues.

Turbo sleds can be the most fun and the most frustrating...sometimes at the same time. good luck!

Last edited:
I have turbo reeds at the post office that are going in tomorrow since I already know these aren't good turbo reeds, but I still don't think reeds were my problem, I mean I hope they were.. But I'm not holding my breath.

Ill go triple check my pipe for cracks and if I don't find anything ill get a new exhaust donut and high temp silicon everything I can to help seal it off and go from there.

As soon as I get my new reeds in ill put the track in the air and check again to make sure its building boost without load, it was a few days before I did this last not sure if anything somehow changed.

Last edited:
Is that running a dobeck box? Pure logic or attitude? Tuning and transition time can have a huge effect on trail vs mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that running a dobeck box? Pure logic or attitude? Tuning and transition time can have a huge effect on trail vs mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCV actually, I tried a ton of different tuning and I don't think thats the issue, I have my AFR numbers pretty close to where they should be all around.

I should also mention I'm not sure if this is cause I put a lower compression head on or what but it was running slightly leaner all around.

Premium Features

Back