• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring new gauges into my turbo M7

Hi guys, was wondering where i should pull power for my oil pump and my koso egts, afr gauge and the light for my boost gauge?? I currently have the koso wired in and has been good for the last 4 years. I wanna keep my factory tach and realize i will be putting alot more load on system so was also wondering if i should rewrap my stator for more output or run an 09 stator? If i run a small trailer battery in it how do i charge it with the stock system?? ( would like to stay away if possible but not totally against it) I will not be running my headlights so that will free up some load. Thanx for any input.

Go with the 09 stator & DC converter you'll have more than enough power that way. That's what I have on my M6T and it's a very cean set up.

Does the dc convertor have output wires for dc power then and thats where you run all ur accessories from?? I like the sounds of this plan just need some more details on how to make it work. Thanx again

Does the dc convertor have output wires for dc power then and thats where you run all ur accessories from?? I like the sounds of this plan just need some more details on how to make it work. Thanx again

converter pulgs into the harness where the factory volt reg plugged in. wire in your dc accessories where every you like most of mine are coming off the stock fuel pump because it's getting lots of juice.

Ok sounds good i have my koso gauge coming off the handwarmer cicuit and has worked fine for past 4 years so i think I will leave it and run my o2 gauge off of the fuel pump and my oil pump from the fuel pump circuit do you think that would be ok?? Thanx again

Can you send me a pic of how yours is all hooked up?? I can get the stator no problem but am having trouble finding what the convertor looks like and my local dealer doesnt have a clue what I'm trying to do so hes lost lol

The DC converter is an actual kit direct from cat I'll have to look but I should have the pn for it some place. My harness is all wrapped up so picture will do no good some the wire colors are different but if you have a wire diagram you can figure out which one does what.

Just a few thoughts fellows,

There are some expensive problems trying to do the 09 M6 stator on an earlier M7. First the plugs for almost everything else don't match the M7 harness, so it means an 09 wiring harness to match the 09 stator. The original M7 derived a tach signal from the AC(handlebar warmer/headlights) circuit and won't work on an 09 system because those are DC. Now that also means you have to have an 09 speedo/tach and an 09 ECU for a tach signal(purple wire). Cool setup but tons of money involved.

You can wire a CCU into the M7 harness. Its pretty easy, but you do lose your tach in the speedo for the same reason as above.

That pesky tach signal and some grounding issues are the biggest concerns when trying to get some DC for the fuel pump.

The bridge rectifier scenario is definitely a more affordable direction, it doesn't eliminate the tach source and I believe the M7 stator is plenty powerful if you pay attention to grounding issues(and there are a few).

Just a few thoughts fellows,

There are some expensive problems trying to do the 09 M6 stator on an earlier M7. First the plugs for almost everything else don't match the M7 harness, so it means an 09 wiring harness to match the 09 stator. The original M7 derived a tach signal from the AC(handlebar warmer/headlights) circuit and won't work on an 09 system because those are DC. Now that also means you have to have an 09 speedo/tach and an 09 ECU for a tach signal(purple wire). Cool setup but tons of money involved.

You can wire a CCU into the M7 harness. Its pretty easy, but you do lose your tach in the speedo for the same reason as above.

That pesky tach signal and some grounding issues are the biggest concerns when trying to get some DC for the fuel pump.

The bridge rectifier scenario is definitely a more affordable direction, it doesn't eliminate the tach source and I believe the M7 stator is plenty powerful if you pay attention to grounding issues(and there are a few).

you actually only need to rewire the plug in of the main harness and it's only 4 wires. timing sensor is the same, h20 is the same and DC convert plugs right in. And for tach just clip onto a plug wire for a signal with a digatron or other aftermarket tach. unless you have a new 05-06 stator it wont have enough juice, trust me I tried. cheaper to buy a take off 09+ stator and converter that way you have plenty of DC

Last edited:
you actually only need to rewire the plug in of the main harness and it's only 4 wires. timing sensor is the same, h20 is the same and DC convert plugs right in. And for tach just clip onto a plug wire for a signal with a digatron or other aftermarket tach. unless you have a new 05-06 stator it wont have enough juice, trust me I tried. cheaper to buy a take off 09+ stator and converter that way you have plenty of DC

I've never heard or seen anyone clip on to a plug wire for a tach signal with a digitron or kosko.....are you sure?.....that would be too cool.

You are right on the timing sensor, but the fuel pump coil/injector coils need a separate plug and then the ignition charging coils need another plug. Hmmm. Maybe you could do away with the plugs and just use insulated spade connectors since both years use all the same color coded wires??? That would be pretty easy to do.

What about the speedo, I assume you leave it in the hood for trouble codes even though the tach is no longer functioning?

Premium Features

Back