• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring Lights?

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
Question for all you electrical guys... Installing a 55w halogen light on my 04 800 VE. I've got the wiring diagram just need to know how to wire this bad boy. The wires that go to the sleds original headlights are Brown, Green, and Yellow/Red. So the Brown wire is the ground I guess, and then there is a green and a yellow/red. The new 55w has two leads one is the ground and one is for 12v power. Which wire do I splice into the green, or yellow/red? Does the ground lead off the 55w light have to go to the chassis somewhere or can it be spliced into the brown (ground)? Could somebody help for a not so electrically inclined individual;)

ps.. I searched for similar posts and was unable to gather enough information..

T
Nov 18, 2003
Reno Nevada
when I did mine I had alot of issues with it burning up the wiring. I ended up running a dedicated ground and just picking one of the hots for the line voltage. I also DC'ed all the handlebar controls so it is constant on.
What I found was my problem was strange.It was dead shorting through the metal brackets I mounted them through on the belly pan bolts with the heat reflective tape. Once I cut all the tape back it worked like a charm.

Chris

Premium Features