• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring high flow fuel pump M1000

I am putting a high flow fuel pump in my 09 M1000 (updated DC power).
And was wondering how to wire up the pump. Looks like many are using the ACC to powering the pump. But wiring it this way, the pump will not flow until the engine starts.

I have my '08 wired into the acc plug and it takes a few pulls to build pressure, but it has always started. Twisted had a harness setup that pulled power off the stock fuel pump plug until the sled started and then it switched to the acc plug. I was told I would need one so I bought one, but have never needed it. It is still brand new in the box and I would cut you a deal on it if your sled ends up needing it. I have been told that some sleds won't hardly start without it, but mine does.

On the 09 the accessories plug is ac power. To run a DC high flow pump you need a rectifier and a capacitor to keep the power consistent. Shain is selling the entire harness for $75. So you might give him a call.

Thunder

Im running the stock pump and a high flow pump wired to the red back up beeper wire and a chassie ground
08 1000

The stock pump will push fuel through the high flow pump till its started.. There is only 2 circuits that get power before its started.. the injectors get the juice and the stock pump.. so you you will not get the needed power to power the amp draw on the high flow unit. Use the red/blue and black from the dc converter and let her rip..

I played that game last year and went to a boondockers fuel booster card and the stock pump. works good on 10 lbs with extra injectors for me

Jim

Thank you guys.
I hooked up the pump through ACC. And with a empty fuel line, it started at the sixth pull. I was pretty sure it would not ignite/fire, but yes it did.
Looks like there will be no problem with running the pump straight from ACC.
I do not have the biggest pump then, using a Walbro F20000286 in the tank.

shains system works. at least put a capaciter in. i had little problems and inconsistancies with my 09 1000 until i added the capaciter, solved all my problems. takes a couple pulls to charge it up but then you see the fuel pressure jump bhy te 3 pull

He doesn't need the capacitor with the dc conversion kit.. it makes all the power a guy needs to power that pump.

Premium Features

Back