• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wiring Harness Problem 2012 Arctic Cat M8 Sno Pro

B
Mar 5, 2015
I bought a brand new 2012 M8 Sno Pro this year and I got approx 150km's on it and it decided not to start. I checked for spark and the spark was very intermitent and it kept fowling the plugs when it would run. Took it to the dealer and they said the wiring harness was shot so they replaced it with a new one. Is this a common problem with this machine or has any of you experienced this same issue??

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Never heard of that on any brand sled, some older Ms would pinch a wire under seat

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Yep 12's had a problem with harness routing and the wires rubbing chaffing then either shorting to ground somewhere or shorting to another wire. The harness itself is fine its where its run. Joys of being the first year model of a new chassis. Then usually this burns out the stator as well. Happened to my 12'. Cost me the $1100 stator (in Canada we get hosed!) and labour to repair the harness as then trace the rest of it to make sure it's good. Make sure to trace the taillight wiring and all of the harness wiring for that matter to make sure it's not rubbing on anything sharp. Even a plastic edge of a panel will run through the crappy protector on the harness. Hope that helps clear it up for ya.

Premium Features