• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Accomodations that allow pets

G
Nov 26, 2007
No pets allowed

I was looking into the same thing yesterday. Kenny Creek Lodge - NO PETS.
Gate Creek Cabins - they have specific cabins that they allow only 1 pet. No matter if the cabin can sleep 10 they allow only 1 pet. Who in Alaska only has 1 dog? And if you're planning on sharing the cabin with friends what about their pet(s)/dog. I even explained that when we rent State recreation cabins we leave the dogs in a kennel. No go. I understand their interest in protecting their investment, but if you're going to allow pets why the restrictions? Have the renters put down a deposit per animal.

Interested in information on any other cabin rentals that allow pets too.

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
Good info - Thanks!! I called the Breeze Inn in Seward and they do have "pet" rooms so that is good to know. Gate Creek is also good to know, but I also forgot that I have friends that have a cabin near there so we don't have to worry about north of Wasilla now. :)

Thanks again!!

LET IT SNOW!!! :D

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
Pets

There is a couple of B & B places in the Lost Lake subdivision that slow down a lot during the winter that might consider pets. I know of 1 place that was open to the idea of sledders during the winter. Right at the base of the road that leads to the parking lot. I can look for a phone number when I drive by this afternoon if anybody is interested

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com
There is a couple of B & B places in the Lost Lake subdivision that slow down a lot during the winter that might consider pets. I know of 1 place that was open to the idea of sledders during the winter. Right at the base of the road that leads to the parking lot. I can look for a phone number when I drive by this afternoon if anybody is interested

Yeah, that would be great if you could get me some phone numbers! Thanks! I appreciate it with tons of snow! :)

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
Try to call Joe @ 224-4785. I know tha he was open to sledders at his B & B cabin last year, don't know about pets. It is 2 or 3 driveways prior to the trailhead road. Not the Breeze Inn with a bar but a clean comfortalbe cabin

Premium Features