• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why did I drop rpm?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
So since the last time I rode I blew a belt (don't think the new belts the issue) and I changed my helix from a rkt torsional straight 36 to a RACINSTATION 35/44p and I accidently enabled a setting on my pcv that made my sled run way rich and I couldn't turn it off since I didn't have my laptop on me. I was pulling 8100ish before, so what would cause me to go down to around 7300 give or take a couple hundred? Would it be the helix change or the fact that it was running way fat (almost to the point of fouling plugs) that I dropped rpm? I don't really want to take off weight before tomorrow's ride if when I fix my tuning it's going to be pulling full rpm again.

gongshowm1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Quesnel BC
Rpm

I would get your tuning figured out first then see if your rpm will come back. Probably gonna have to drop some weight going from a 36* finish to a 44* finish that's a lot more angle your trying to pull. What weights and boost level you running? I'm running a 38-44* helix with cutler adjustables at 83.5 grams tip loaded, 8-9 lbs boost 5-7000'.

Gongshow

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Many times when you do a drastic clutching change it will effect the tune for your turbo. You get a different shift curve and load your motor at different rpm. I would put your clutching back to where it was and make sure it runs the same. Then change your clutching and see what happens. You will probably end up with a different tune.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I'm going to take off the tuning change I did since I know that effected it, I'm going riding tomorrow so I guess I'll just expect to have the computer out all day tomorrow. I have faith in the setup RACINSTATION recomended so I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon. I'll work around it and get it figured out.

Sleds running 8ish psi at 5000ft unloading elevation usually riding around 6-7300ft, d&d magnaforce weights not sure which ones they are I forget but they are fully loaded except for one remaining spot on the tip and that worked good on the straight 36.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Like stated that 36 to 44 will make a big difference on top rpm all other facter being the same.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I took one magnet out of my weights at the tip and fixed my tuning and its running strong now, its weird it ran way richer then it did before in the mid range from this helix, wasnt expecting that.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Its been really warm here and very moist air that alone will affect your tune. I personally do not like the idea of not being able to adjust my tune for a given day because it does change.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Its been really warm here and very moist air that alone will affect your tune. I personally do not like the idea of not being able to adjust my tune for a given day because it does change.

I hate it, if I was going to do it again Id Probly go with a boondocker box, carrying a laptop sucks. But last ride it got much warmer at the end of the day like ou said and I went to tune it and somehow the driver on my computer crashed so it wouldn't readmy pcv. So no matter what I did without wifi I couldn't fix it. I bought the pod300 because you can tune off of it, but it doesn't even seem like it's doing anything when I change the tuning off of it not sure if I'm missing something or what.

Premium Features