• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Uses A 1/2 Ton?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Mt. Pleasant, M
I tow my 3 place inclosed inline with my 07 1/2 ton Chevy with the 5.3. Now that the company moved me to Michigan I am no longer worried about towing it in the mtns since I will be A LONG WAY from there......in the flat lands it tows it pretty well!!!

PS the trailer weights 3430lbs empty! (2001 Timberwolf 3 place enclosed)

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Wow!!!
I did not think that this subject would get this much attention.

I can tell where people live and ride just by the responses, those who live in the flat lands and tow to the mountains or those who live in the mountains and ride the back woods (no offense to anyone). I will definately not pull a 4 place enclosed even though it should and could do it, it just isn't safe. Just for the ability to have a heavier tow rig on the uphill grades and slick roads is worth it for me. I ride nearly every weekend and sometimes in the week as well. I believe it is a good choice to have the bigger truck.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
ok thats almost 2k worth of stuff

im guessing mag numbers. if there comming out with a 0 on the end of both its mag numbers... im guessing actual hp is about 370 and about 420 torque...

No it's actually about $800 worth of stuff

Sorry i didn't post the excact #'s for you. Stock is 350hp and 375ft lbs so your a little off

But yes it was dynoed. I just rounded instead of giving you decimal points

Premium Features