• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Snowchecked a 2025 Polaris?

One of the guys had one in Seeley when I was there last month. It looked like a fun sled in the open. That being said I don't think anyone on a Ski Doo could have gotten where we got this week in Seeley. Ski Doo's don't do crazy technical. The guys who argue they do have never been in crazy technical sh!t. We rode some of the gnarliest stuff I've ever rode.
Jay and Blaine would disagree, no? They seem to keep up with the Polaris athletes just fine

I wish there was someone in my area that rode Doo that could show me otherwise. I have buddies I ride with that are very capable Doo riders but they arent following me into the sh!t. I rode Doo up to the Gen 4 chassis and outrode all in my group that were on Polaris. When I switched in instantly went up a few notches of ability. I wouldn't say it can't be done. They are just a lot harder to ride and I have yet to see someone who can ride one at the level I have seen several Polaris riders.

Last edited:
I wish there was someone in my area that rode Doo that could show me otherwise. I have buddies I ride with that are very capable Doo riders but they arent following me into the sh!t. I rode Doo up to the Gen 4 chassis and outrode all in my group that were on Polaris. When I switched in instantly went up a few notches of ability. I wouldn't say it can't be done. They are just a lot harder to ride and I have yet to see someone who can ride one at the level I have seen several Polaris riders.
I loved my Gen 5 Doo. Easily the funnest sled I have ever ridden… in the open. I sold it after 3 days when I realized I wasn’t going in the trees because it sucked there.

Picked up one of those '23 $16999 Khaos Boost carry overs. That $6k goes a long way in parts or keeping a back-up sled.
Where the heck did you find that? Cheapest I have near me is a 24 Khaos holdover. Good deal but factoring warranty value snowchecking is only a 500 premium

Because you haven't seen it means it never happens. What it must be like to live in your world. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the SP model stands for "secondary polaris", everyone says you need a second sled to stay riding all season these days. All joking aside though, it is a pretty fair valued sled. Throw a set of your favorite shocks on and you are into it for 20K (CAN). That is the same price I paid in 2020 for a less capable sled.

I loved my Gen 5 Doo. Easily the funnest sled I have ever ridden… in the open. I sold it after 3 days when I realized I wasn’t going in the trees because it sucked there.
Rode with 2 brand new gen 5s yesterday. I was excited when the guy said I could try it . I brought it back after 2 pulls couldn't wait to get back on my sled. it handled like a rock.
As far as the "superior reliability " skidoo myth both of these 0 mile sleds were plauged with problems all day. One stop building boost after about 10 miles but didn't have any codes and the other one had plenty of power but kept going into limp mode every couple of minutes with dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Where the heck did you find that? Cheapest I have near me is a 24 Khaos holdover. Good deal but factoring warranty value snowchecking is only a 500 premium
I did this as well. All terrain Motorsports. Grand junction, CO.

Rode with 2 brand new gen 5s yesterday. I was excited when the guy said I could try it . I brought it back after 2 pulls couldn't wait to get back on my sled. it handled like a rock.
As far as the "superior reliability " skidoo myth both of these 0 mile sleds were plauged with problems all day. One stop building boost after about 10 miles but didn't have any codes and the other one had plenty of power but kept going into limp mode every couple of minutes with dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Interesting as I rode a gen 5 last year briefly. First doo I ever rode that I actually thought I could get used to after a few hours.

Does anyone know the difference in the low elevation vs high elevation clutching when building a turbo RMK snowcheck?

Does anyone know the difference in the low elevation vs high elevation clutching when building a turbo RMK snowcheck?
Different helix. I've heard the low elevation helix sucks and it's hard to make work. Better off high elevation and change weights/springs. But I'm no clutch expert. I'm just an expert on everything else 😎 Maybe one of these old angry men can weigh in

Hahaha- Thanks for the info.
I thought I heard the turbo ran same clutching from 0 to 10k feet..

Last edited:
I bowtie more than anyone I ride with except Caleb. If people are using a Pro as an excuse for not being able to do something, they need to work on their skills. You don't need a Khaos for the sled to be playful. You need a track that hooks up. The rest is how you want to set your shocks up.
Which track you recommend for a 850 n/a 155? My series 8 is destroyed after 2 seasons, haha!

Pulled the trigger on this. Couldn’t find a holdover with the 325 near me and factoring warranty and a track the cost for a 25 vs a 24 holdover was less than a grand

IMG_3865.jpeg

Premium Features

Back