• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who making the best rear skid components

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Looking for a custom option for my 24 shredder DS. Just not s fan of the rear arm design.

Who's making the best rear ski components these days?

Looking for a custom option for my 24 shredder DS. Just not s fan of the rear arm design.

Who's making the best rear ski components these days?
One in our group wore out quickly and then failed bad. The arms would flip right forward as the stops tore right off. They ride nice but are heavy and seem to wear fast.

Kmod full suspension gets you both tmotion and locked out rigid if you want. And if you switch brands you can take it with you with a minimal investment in cross shafts. Just hang onto the factory one and swap before selling. Buy once, cry once, smile forever.

My buddies k mod seems to be holding up nicely. Handles good too

I went with a Tom's full float kit
It uses a t motion looking heims in the rear that stays sticky and needs worn in to function properly. We didn't get enough snow to wear it in so it's been really poor handling.
He should re design that

I've had good luck with the raptor ace torsion spring delete and you can run tmotion or lock it out in 60 seconds

I’ve actually been thinking of putting a summit skid under mine. My 23 shredder re 154 just doesn’t work as well as the summits .
Ive thought the same, but after a pile of measurements it's a huge change.

Drop brackets, all new everything. Only thing you can keep is the track really. Everything else is different.

I was hoping maybe someone has come up with a conventional "interior" scissor style.

But I'm looking into the Kmod now... they just don't have anything on their website or anything I've seen on social yet

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

I’ve ran Kmod for a number of years, in several sleds. Best suspension I've ran in a ski doo. Kevin is a wealth of knowledge and he has been great to work with all these years. It was easy to switch from a Gen 4 to the Gen 5 chassis, just needed a couple new brackets. I'd give him a call and talk thru his perspective.

My dad bought a used '21 Gen4 850T that has a KMOD skid setup directly them.
Couple things, it's not plug n play. New hole drilled for the front arm location. Rear brackets added to oem brackets for the rear mount.
The thing rides fairly well, and infinitely adjustable in nearly every aspect...but has WAY too much ski pressure!
First thing, changed the coupling block to lowest setting, which helped but still left more to be desired.
We lowered the front arm mount back down to the stock hole, which helped, but still lacks weight transfer compared to a stock skid.
At this time, I'm more impressed with the Zbroz coilover conversion on the stock skid.

I was running IQS on my gen 4 turbo and was really impressed with it. Trying to decide if I am buying it for my '25 gen 5 turbo that I have coming.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back