• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which sled handles best AC, Poo, Ski-doo

A
Jul 6, 2009
I am trying to decied wether to get an Arctic cat M series, polaris dragon or a ski-doo rev. I was wondering what are the different handling characteristics beween the sleds. Which is the most stable, which turns better, which sidehills the best, which is best in the bumps ect. I am not concered with which is the fastest, just how they handl.

Please give me your oppinion.

deboer

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2009
Archer, IA (Northwest IA)
I am trying to decied wether to get an Arctic cat M series, polaris dragon or a ski-doo rev. I was wondering what are the different handling characteristics beween the sleds. Which is the most stable, which turns better, which sidehills the best, which is best in the bumps ect. I am not concered with which is the fastest, just how they handl.

Please give me your oppinion.

i would say its what ever kind you like the best, cause not every one is going to think or ride how you would. So what I would say is you should ride each sled in the conditions that you like the best and see what one is your favorite.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
i would say its what ever kind you like the best, cause not every one is going to think or ride how you would. So what I would say is you should ride each sled in the conditions that you like the best and see what one is your favorite.

this is the best advice you will get! not all women fit every man:confused:

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
id say from my experiance m series is a great ez sled for anyone to ride ! the dragon well not for me ! seems u have to put money in the suspention to make it ride right ! have many friends with them all had to spend $$$ to make the suspention work right ! the XP takes a lil to get used to but works very well ! but not for everyone ! JMO they all have there place and to each his own ! all work great if u spend enough time and money on them !!!
mike:D

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
After owning all of those, IMO the XP is the all around best for the mountains. They all have their strong and weak points and all can be fixed with some time and $$.....stock goes to the Doo for me.:beer;

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The sleds are different....

The different brands respond differently depending on the rider...
Rider Weight
Rider height
Type of snow
What kind of riding (trails, boondocking, jumping, climbing)
What if any mods are done

How fit and active are you? Are you an aggressive Rider?
Are you an agressive ACTIVE rider that jumps easily, all day, from running board to running board?
How much time do you spend sitting/standing?

Some people swear by thier Edge/ZX/1M/Mtn Max.... that is what they like to ride and are used to. Is it the cutting edge.. no, but if they enjoy it ... more power to you.

Also, unless you have spend multiple FULL DAYS on a sled, then you really havent "tried" it out... and that includes an hour or two here and there on your wifes or buddys sled?

When you ask someone about what they prefer... ask the above questions. Compare those answers to what you ride/weigh etc.

For example... I'm at 165-170 with all my gear on. I consider myself to be an intermediate active rider. I would NOT base my decision on what to buy on info from a 260 lb rider (w gear) that was 6'3" tall and likes to climb chutes 80% of the time... that is just not my profile as a rider.

Also keep in mind durability issues... Poo has had problems with the reliability of the 800, XP's dont take a frontal hit that well, Cat tunnels arent the strongest out there, yami's weigh more.

The weight of the sled is less issue for a Big guy, more of an issue for a smaller rider.

IMO... the top offerings from all the companies are incredible machines.

Last edited:
R
Dec 10, 2007
Anymore all the manufacturers seem to make good sleds. It's all about rider preference and what kind of riding you do. The best thing to do is go ride all the different sleds and see what you like. I actually like the REV chassis the best but that's just my opinion and probably because I have been riding them since they came out.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Innisfail, Alberta
I like/own the Rev but I must say the Dragon is the easiest sled I've ever laid over and carved with. I'd like to spend a full day on one versus the the few pulls I was able to make. Before you dump 10K why not rent one of each and see what one YOU like best?

Reactions: DaveB

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I've had all three as well. The XP is my favorite, more because the overall package is so much better in the mountains. I would say for just boondocking and easyness to ride the dragon wins, but the power just isnt there. If you have a good dealer close to you, buy what they sell.

Premium Features