• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which is the Best Painting Method?

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
I plan on painting my front and rear A-Arms, rails, and shock springs. How and what is the best painting method to use? Powder Coating, rattle can, ect. Thanks

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
powder coating is the only thing that will hold up to the snow rubbing on it all the time..

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I have to say, go see mark at advanced powder coating, great prices and a cool guy to boot.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Lynden, Wa.
I totally agree to powdercoat.

However, properly prepped, primed and painted parts will hold up to abuse for a long time.

Rattle cans will only last for a short period of time, not a good option.

SHMO

M

MEDIUMPIMPN

Nov 28, 2007
PIERRE
Go on ebay and buy a craftsmen powder gun, for what u want to do itll work great, then go to powderbuythepound.com ang get yourself some color, after you have all that (this is the most important part) if your living with a vagina bearer get her outa the house for a while, fire up her oven 400 +- 50 deg and start powderin,

thats how i do it, the only guy in town that does it wants $50 a part to do it, thats $200 for a set of a arms thats rediculous

Premium Features